“I love the Old Globe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Globe Theatre

Old Globe Theatre
1363 Old Globe Way, San Diego, CA 92101 (Balboa Park)
619-234-5623
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 193 Attractions in San Diego
Activities: Arts and crafts
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the nation's top regional theaters, the Old Globe continues to draw more than 300,000 people annually.
San Diego, California
7 attraction reviews
“I love the Old Globe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The theater is first rate. The snack bar is very good. You can order ahead to pick up at intermission.

San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
“The best theatre venue in all of San Diego!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This complex of three stages is not only beautiful but historically significant in that it has risen from the flames like the Phoenix many years ago and has evolved through the years into one of San Diego's most important theatre venues - a Tony Award winning theatre that always pleases its subscribers as well as visitors.

Visited April 2013
San Diego, California, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Professional Plays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love watching Shakespeare come alive at the Old Globe Theatre, and it is the main reason I watch plays at this venue. The Globe has the most talented actors and directors, and I especially love their $20 under 30 program. I honestly have no complaints about this venue at all since going there always makes my night so much better. Venue is ideal for dates.

Eastham, Massachusetts
“No Bad Seat in the House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went and saw Bethany at the Old Globe. We were actually in the Sheryl & Harvey White Theatre which was a little disappointing because I didn't realize that there were different theatre's at Old Globe. So we were not officially in the "Old Globe". But regardless, this theatre was round and we paid for the "cheap seats" as opposed to the more expensive ones. That being said, I believe that it really didn't matter, the theatre is so small and intimate that there is no bad seat in the house. The show was great and I wished that I lived locally so I could go and see more. The walk to the theatre was nice too – through Balboa Park. Just a quick hint though – if you wanted to grab a quick dessert or something before you went into the theater – for some reason why sell out quick so don’t place your heart on anything in particular unless you get there early. They advise you get there an hour in advance – we did and still missed out on the “good desserts”. But that really isn’t the point of the experience.

Seattle, Washington
13 attraction reviews
“Winter's Tale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We caught a production in February 2014. I really enjoyed the seating - we had a balcony spot. There was food & drink available just outside the theatre which is located in lovely Balboa Park. The only down side is that it's a bit out of the way, which means public transportation can be a challenge so plan accordingly. Enjoy the show!