“Fantastically Cozy and Artsy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vintage Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Vintage Sol
You added Vintage Sol to your Saves list
3606 Felton, San Diego, CA 92104   |
Ranked #13 of 40 San Diego B&B and Inns
California
“Fantastically Cozy and Artsy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

My husband and I just got back from a trip to San Diego where we stayed at Vintage Sol. We both LOVED this B&B!!!

The best part of the stay was most definitely the owner. She goes above and beyond to make your stay not just comfortable, but unique, without ever invading the space. You get full use of a large and beautiful patio area, which has lovely fountains and plants. In the morning, she set out juice and tea, shortly followed by a huge and gourmet breakfast (we had Eggs Benedict with grilled fruit one morning and enchiladas with watermelon and eggs the next). Food was delicious and also beautiful.

The ambiance of this place is completely cool. Very artsy- there is so much stuff to look at, but is at the same time clean and comfortable- never overwhelming. The casita is fully stocked with everything you need- very well organized! It has a lovely little kitchen, cute bath, and comfy bed. Again, the decor is fantastic. They have put together several binders describing places to visit in San Diego (food, shops, sites) with maps and directions. She suggested several eateries and shops that were fantastic!

The most memorable part of our stay was on our last night. When we returned to the B&B, she had put out margaritas with chips and salsa and a personalized note. Sitting on the patio under the stars and sipping our drinks while listening to the trickling fountain was very romantic. We can't wait to stay again!!

• Liked — Service and Ambiance
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

This place is exquisite, like walking into a Frida Kahlo painting, with gorgeous art & funky decor everywhere. My husband & I stayed there for our little honeymoon, and the owners were wonderful & extremely accommodating. It's not the biggest place, but it's the perfect size for 2 people looking to escape. Every morning we were woken up with fabulous home-cooked gourmet breakfasts, and on our last nite their we arrived to a candle-lit courtyard with drinks & dessert & a flower petal path. This place is a perfect little oasis, and we shall be returning positively.

• Liked — The ambience & art
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

My husband and I have stayed at a few B&B's thru the years and really gravitate to the more modern,eclectic ones vs the doilies,gingham,flowered wallpaper type.The website for this place is great and does a good job showing off the place and feel.We LOVED it!.We are very tall/big people and had a little difficulty fitting into the full size bed and miniscule bathroom but everything else more than made up for it.I am already planning a couple more stays w/ my mom and sister.Paisley the hostess,homeowner is super organized,helpful,discreet,friendly.The binders full of restaurant reviews,directions,attractions,shopping were very helpful and thoughtful.The mini kitchen had everything you could possibly need and even had a bowel of delicious cherries from the local farmers market.The premises were super cozybeautiful/lush.The inner courtyard needs a little cleaning and dusting but was very tropical,private,serene,loved the fountain noise in the room at night!The neighborhood is transitional but quiet and never worried for our safety.Very close to everything.We spent a lot of our time in/near Balboa Park/zoo and this location was great.The breakfasts were works of art,delicious and hearty.This is a great value for San Diego in the summer,I did a lot of homework and am pretty picky about having it all for the least amount of money and this fits the bill in spades.This place is fun,funky and chic with a slight feminine feel but my husband didn't mind at all and I really loved it.Don't miss going to Urban Solice for lunch/dinner.It's right around the corner and was DELICIOUS! The live music,service and food was great for not a lot of money.Outdoor dining on a beautiful evening was the best,don't miss the watermelon salad.

Stayed July 2008
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

I spent a delightful 3 days at Vintage Sol. If you like the Mexican Inn motif, you'll love this place. the home itself is beautifully landscaped, the courtyard is full of interesting collectibles, and the "casita" is comfortable and complete. It has a refridgerator, microwave, TV, and a great compliment of books.

I came on business, and took a taxi back and forth to the Convention Center. Cost each way was about $15.00 and about 10 - 15 minutes depending on traffic. I had the same cab driver pick me up each morning to make things easy, as the first driver had a hard time finding the address.

The breakfasts served were the best food I had in San Diego, really terrific and very filling. Paisley (the owner) was very attentive and friendly, and even had a margarita waiting for me on my last night there.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying two nights at Vintage Sol in June 2008. The gardens are absolutely spectacular, and the studio itself is lovely. Paisley is delightful and welcoming. For example, on the eve of our departure, we returned to find candles flickering in the courtyard and a pitcher of margaritas beckoning! In the studio, Paisley has assembled collections of restaurant and attraction reviews, which proved helpful. This place is romantic; ideal for couples, not for children. We visit SD a fair amount, and I am sure we will stay here again.

• Liked — Sheer beauty and charm.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Vintage Sol? Share your experiences!