“Fun with diving and snorkel” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #153 of 178 Tours & Activities in San Diego
Rovaniemi, Finland
“Fun with diving and snorkel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Nice place to go scuba diving and snorkel in San Diego. Nice not only for experts but also for novice, the guide was great guy – a real pro, knowledgeable and friendly. I had a great time with SE Adventures. Frankly they did not charge heavy, I got the booking online from their website however doing offline too was not a problem I believe. Recommended water adventures in SD.

Visited August 2011

Midway, Utah
4 attraction reviews
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

If you go on line and look at the pictures you think you are going to see all these wonderful fish and sealife. Not the case. during our 2 hour snorkeling "adventure" - Hah...., I saw two little orange fish and nothing more. My kids saw a couple of blue ones through the merky ocean water and seaweed. 7 of us went and we waited for an additional 1/2 hour after our start time because a group of 3 ladies were late.
He could have sent us on our merry way since the instructor did nothing anyway.

Our so called instructor was a joke. He told us nothing, showed us to the water and that was it. The area is overcrowed by kids and people and you can do it yourself if you really want to and not pay a dime.

Save your money and go to Hawaii or Mexico if you really want to snorkel or dive.

Visited June 2011
New York, NY
“Nice Adventure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

I went scuba diving last summer with Scuba San Diego. I give an A+ to the divemaster, a very nice, helpful young guy. (I forgot his name.) Visibility was beyond their control, but I was a bit disappointed. I barely saw any fish. I went by myself and was disappointed in the other divers, who were by themselves as well. There was no team spirit. They were on their own and lacked any sense of true dive buddy responsibility. (Again, that's not the company's fault. I'm just making an observation about the overall experience.) The divemaster became my de facto dive buddy, cutting me free from kelp. He was a great guy and I tipped him nicely. I lost one fin in the kelp somewhere and regrettably was billed about 60 dollars. Not their fault, though. Well, I'm going to California again and might do the dive again, hoping that visibility is good this time. In short: The company itself I give an "A." But the overall experience with visibility that day and the weird fellow divers brings the overall experience to just "okay."