“Blew away my already high expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Crab Hut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 4,366 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Salt Lake City, UT
“Blew away my already high expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

With a rental car for just one night I did my research and decided to give Crab Hut a try. It was highly rated on this site and also Zagat rated, so it had to be decent. I was surprised to find out this restaurant was in the corner of a strip mall, but don't be fooled - this place is legit. I had the SnS that came with snow crab legs, shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes. Everything was cooked in their house sauce (a mix of garlic butter, cajun and lemon pepper). It was served in a bag, no plate no silverware, just good old fashion digging in with your hands. Paired with a good selection of local beers I couldn't have been happier. Super fresh, fantastic food. I'll be back the next time I'm in town - it's definitely worth checking out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

San Antonio
“First Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We heard about this place through this website. During our vacation ee decided to try it out. The crawfish was tasty and perfect. It had a nice spicy taste. We also had fish and chips which were amazing. The atmosphere was great filled with a nice balance of families and young people. You can tell this is a local hot spot

• Visited May 2013
Susanville, California
“YUM!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Family owned restaurant... I had the most amazing king crab legs ever! It was a little pricey, but worth every penny.

Visited May 2013
“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a crab combo which consisted of two types of crab legs, potatoes and corn on the cob. We didn't know what to expect but knew it would be a messy affair when the server gave us bibs and gloves. The crab legs were massive and the flavours were out if this world. The crab was fresh and the meat was easy to access. This place is a definite must if you visit San Diego!

Visited May 2013
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Crab Hut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

While visiting the Gaslamp area in San Diego, my friend wanted to eat Dungeness crab for dinner. We were able to find one restaurant that had it on the menu - Crab Hut. The food was great as well as the service and the prices were reasonable. It was worth the trip going there.

• Visited April 2013