“OMG! This place was even better than I could imagine!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“OMG! This place was even better than I could imagine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friends who live in the area brought us there and told us what it was. The Crab Hut! CRAB, who wouldn't love that? It was so much more than that. I ordered clams, crawfish, snow crab and it was all in delivered in individual "baggies". All the flavors were in each bag - the herbs and spices. They always ordered theirs with the Full House, which was every spice offered. I ate every bite and left there as "happy as a clam"! I'm not even sure where that colloquialism was invented but I was HAPPY! If you love seafood and you really only want the best without all the pomp and circumstance, this is the place!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
“The best hands on food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Our server made the right portion recommendation among the many options the menu offered. The bib and gloves were fun! The king crab was to die for! We've been talking about this place for days!

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, GA
“No breakfast and I wanted seafood...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Fresh shrimp, unique serving style (the shrimp come in a plastic bag with the selected sauce), and pleasurably messy. Also had their chowder which was excellent.

Visited February 2013
Phoenix AZ
“Wow! Why didn't I find this place before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was looking for some peel and eat shrimp and came across a review for this place. Sounded good so we gave it a try. Boy am I glad we did! Located in a strip mall this isn't a fancy place and there isn't much ambience. Just some tables covered in butcher paper, a good selection of beer and amazingly good seafood! We ordered the king crab boil and added a pound of shrimp. You can create any combination you want from the selection of lobster, gungeness crabs, king crab, snow crab, shrimp, crawfish, mussels and clams. Then you select your spice and heat level. we chose the Full House spice, the most popular, and medium heat. It was perfect. The seafood was perfectly cooked, with just enough spice to get your attention. The potates and corn on the cob also absorbed that spice and were delicious as well. The only knock on this place is the goofy way they serve the boil. They bring it in a bucket. Inside the bucket is a boiling bag containing all the goodies. They just leave the bag on your table. Worst presentation of great food I've ever seen. Pour it in a nice bowl and it would be a feast for the eyes and nose as well as the mouth! But given how good it is I'll come back even if they seerve it on a shovel. This place rocks!

Visited March 2013
“Unique casual seafood spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a very casual seafood restaurant. you are given a bib, paper is placed on your table, and if you get one if their specialties prepared to get your hands dirty and chow down! Oh yeah, they give you plastic gloves to eat with too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Crab Hut? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Crab Hut, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.