You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #22 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
“Convenient Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We only stayed here 1 night, but we have no complaints. The hotel is nice and the room was large and clean. We enjoyed walking along the water in the morning - there is a great walking/running trail. It was quiet even though there were some functions going on. The location was not that far from attractions, just a quick drive. Overall, we would definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2014
Rick B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We appreciate you. Thanks for the nice review and for the business. We are very glad you enjoyed the hotel and the area and we hope to see you back with us soon!

All the very best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here after having a terrible experience in an overpriced hotel in Mission Beach. This hotel was fabulous. It is meticulously clean, staff are very accommodating, and the restaurant is very good with a nice variety. Extremely easy to shuttle to the airport. We were very happy to have found this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello there! Thanks for staying with us.

Glad we were able to make your San Diego experience end on a high note.

I hope other readers take in your comment about our food here. We have a fabulous Food and Beverage team that make GREAT food dishes. Ask anyone that eats here and they will tell you that they are all pleasantly surprised. Our prices are reasonable and the food is outstanding....TRY US FOLKS!

Thanks again!
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Our family of nine stayed three nights here and enjoyed every minute! The hotel staff were superbly helpful and made us feel welcome. The hotel itself is beautiful and well-kept. Rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The pool and jacuzzi are perfect for the kids. The hotel is located in a quiet and safe area, and there is a nice park nearby with a playground for the younger kids. Within a short and pleasant walking distance are several restaurants, a grocery store, and Starbucks - the essentials! It is a very relaxing location and a short, easy drive to Mission or Pacific beaches. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thanks family of 9! I hope you had more than one room! LOL! No family can be that close, right?!

With 9 people staying over 3 days, you would be able to see the good bad and ugly of any hotel...so very glad that you loved us! Our location and hotel is great for families. I don't know if you had a chance to take advantage of the Stand-Up Paddle board vendor that sets up directly in back of our hotel, but it's a hoot! Not much cost and the whole family can have fun. They have all kinds of water fun toys for all ages and they launch right in front of the hotel...very fun.

Thanks, and we hope you tell some friends about us!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We travelled from New Zealand to celebrate our sons birthday which is the 4th July. We were very impressed with the Marriott liberty station we arrived early an were able to check in early. Room did not disappoint very modern and comfortable with lovely balcony with views. Staff on reception were very helpful and nothing was a problem. We had breakfast daily and dinner once in the restaurant and the food was great with outstanding service. Would definitely stay again if we come back to the USA.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rick B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the great review!

Will you adopt me? Celebrating your sons birthday by flying from New Zealand to San Diego to watch fireworks...???!!! Wow, that's some birthday!

Glad you found everything to be as you expected, and more. Also, thanks for recognizing our folks and also the food. We are one of the top rated Courtyards in the nation (over 900+) for our food quality, and we like to get the word out as often as possible, so thanks!

We wish you all the very best, and hope to see you again sometime soon!
Washougal, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my second stay at this airport/ Liberty Station Courtyard and I loved everything about it again. It is close to the airport so their free shuttle is convenient but we weren't bothered by airport noise at all. We walked along the beautiful esplanade to nearby coffee shops and restaurants and sure there were planes flying overhead but it is such a beautiful area and interesting to learn that it used to be a Naval Training Center.
My nephew and I had a room with a water view and it overlooked the beautiful pool and hot tub area so I would definitely ask for a water view again, we were on the 3rd floor. The rooms are very clean, beds are comfy, there was a microwave, fridge, and a Keurig ( great for fellow coffee lovers like myself!) And being 17, my nephew liked the free wifi.
I found everyone at the front desk to be friendly and helpful with driving directions and restaurant recommendations. One young lady suggested the hop on / hop off Trolley Tour which was excellent so THANKS for being knowledgeable about your area. ( ask about this trolley, it picks you up right next door)
They have excellent food in the restaurant, I had the salmon caesar salad twice and the salmon portion is huge! I paid extra and got the breakfast vouchers but I feel it was worth it, excellent breakfast buffet. When I stayed here in Dec. 2013
the bartender was Jim and he is awesome but this time it was Jesse and she is equally as awesome! She was super friendly and personable as well as efficient and hard-working. One night she was slammed at once with lots of drink and food orders but she managed to acknowledge every person and she made you feel noticed and special. I saw that Jim the bartender has a poster in the hallway so it's great that the hotel recognizes its employees. Well, I think that Jesse deserves her own poster too!!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, it's the only place I will stay at when I am in San Diego.

Sandy
PS: I plan on visiting in Dec. and I look forward to chatting with Jesse and I will be looking for her poster!

Room Tip: upper floors, water view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Rick B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Wow, what a great and well constructed review, thanks so much Sandy!

We feel as strongly as you do about our hotels location, our service, food and drinks, amenities and the people that work here. We take our hospitality jobs seriously and always strive to make great memories for our guests, so thanks for recognizing Jesse and Jim...I'll start working on that Jesse poster!

A quick story about those Keurig coffee makers. I remember 7 years ago trying to convince my owners we needed those in our rooms. They finally agreed, but the first year I had a ton of complaints because guests weren't used to working these yet...they would take the tops off and pour the coffee in the top, etc. Fast forward to today, (thanks to Costco) most guests are aware and appreciate the cleanliness factor, as well as being able to brew one cup at a time as you want.

One thing to point out for all the readers of your review, we only have the microwaves in our premium rooms, fyi.

Glad you enjoyed the Trolley, it's a must in my opinion.

Again, thanks for the nice review and we will see you in December!
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. They got me in and got me out very quickly. There always had a smile and a greeting every time I came into the hotel. the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The one drawback to my room as that I was on the first floor and the very large windows looked out onto a courtyard. I left the blackout shades drawn my entire stay. if I had been on a higher floor, I might have enjoyed the sunshine a bit more. I liked having the starbucks in the hotel downstairs. I was able to get my coffee and a little breakfast quick and early in the morning. We also discovered a number of restaurants in the area that were pretty good without having to trek back into downtown San Diego. A very pleasant stay

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rick B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the nice comments about our front desk staff, along with the convenience of our onsite Starbucks and numerous restaurants and activities nearby. Please come back soon! We will be happy to accommodate a higher floor request. Also, you can book one of our premier bay view rooms and have your great view guaranteed.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed from July 27-August 1 before switching to The Catamaran for a family function. Perfect stay, as usual. We used rewards points for a free stay, and had room 335 (handicap accessible) which had a covered balcony overlooking pool and water. Be sure to request higher floor facing pool. Pool closes early so noise is not an issue. Clean rooms, polite front desk personnel, and we love Liberty Station. Nice restaurants there, including Sammy's Woodfired Pizza, Panera, etc., plus a Von's. We loved walking 6 miles daily (approx twice around the Esplanade). We visited Cabrillo's tide pools, the zoo, Balboa Park, The cove at La Jolla, etc., and this is a great location. Will def stay here again!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and THANK YOU for your loyalty to Marriott! We are glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our premium bay view rooms. When staying in a hotel, a restful night is critical and is why we make sure to have quiet time after 10pm for our guests.

I'm impressed with your daily 6 mile walks and I think I really should get outside more and enjoy our beautiful waterfront location! Please come back soon!

Rick Brown