I stayed here last month with a couple of friends. We were all attending a conference at nearby Point Loma Nazarene University. The hotel is very conveniently located to the airport. I think it was 5-10 minutes away. I have to say, our stay coincided with the one rain storm of the year (probably), so we didn't get a chance to check out the pool or other hotel grounds, but it looked lovely from the car. The hotel lobby was pleasant - what a nice touch to provide self serve options of cucumber or citrus water for guests to drink upon arrival, or just while walking through the hotel. Was slightly disappointed in the restaurant not being open as long as we would have liked for breakfast, but not a big issue. Perhaps it's because we are from Seattle, but it did seem like it was more difficult for our barista to understand and prepare our coffee drinks to order. I suppose, when I see a Starbucks sign (within the hotel or anywhere), I tend to expect a certain level of service. Again, not a huge deal, but would have been nice to have the coffee as ordered within a short period of time. She was pleasant enough, and did appear to be trying her best.
Also had a chance to try one of Bartender Jim's famous margaritas. Very tasty, indeed. Jim gave just the right amount of attention to us as we relaxed in the lounge - didn't hover, and didn't desert us.
One of us forgot our toothbrush, so it was nice to be reminded that the Marriott service includes an extra toothbrush or tube of toothpaste if you've left yours behind.
Overall, a pleasant stay. I would recommend this location (if you have a car, because not much is within walking distance), and would stay here, again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard