Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Ranked #18 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Santee, California
“Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had our daughter's wedding reception here (170 people) & are extremely happy with everything from planning with the help of Nalani, to food (especially the Salmon) & service from the hotel. We had the normal bumps in the road with planning a big party, but overall couldn't be happier with our choice. We opted to stay the weekend at the Courtyard by Marriott even though we live in San Diego, and also had quite a few people from out of town stay here and didn't hear any complaints. The staff was very accommodating and always professional. Buffet breakfast was good. Liberty Station just keeps improving - the location was perfect. Close to so much to do in San Diego, easy access from the airport, a beautiful area to do a plethora of activities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be part of such a special day. We know how challenging planning a wedding can be and hopefully took some of the stress away. I’ll be sure to share your comments with Nalani and the entire banquet staff. We agree that the Liberty Station community is a great place to hang out.

Hope to see you soon.

713 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is clean and convenient to the airport,
They also have ran excellent shuttle for downtown.staff extremely helpful and willing.
A good plus is that breakfast has proper ceramic dishes and steel cutlery - no throw away plastic.
He rooms are spacious and have iron and ironing board. A laundry is located on the ground floor although the tumbler dryer was largely ineffective.
Would I stay here again - yes, it's clean and has the facilities I am looking for on a short stay.

Although very near the airport , I wasn't aware of the noise

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed your short visit with us. Sorry about the dryer not working correctly, I’ll have my engineering department have a look. And yes although close to the airport the flight path doesn’t go over hotel so we don’t have a lot of airplane noise.

Til next time
Walpole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently spent 8 nights at this hotel and we loved everything about it. The location is great--minutes from the airport and all sightseeing spots in San Diego. We really enjoyed the bike/walking path along the inlet which leads you to the refurbished Liberty Station with its shops and restaurants. Everyone at the hotel was great--front desk staff, shuttle driver, waitstaff at breakfast and housekeeping. The entire property was immaculate and very well maintained.

Room Tip: We would agree with an earlier reviewer and opt for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool and t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We do have a great little community here and I happy you were able to get out and explore. We try hard to make each stay special and I am glad we were successful in yours.

Travel Safe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Found hair all in the room- along the tub, sink, on the beds and couches upon arrival. Housekeeping came by my room at 5pm to clean on the second night. I told them I was about to shower for dinner- they came back 5 min later banging on the door. They said either they clean now or they don't. Spoke to Samantha at the front desk at checkout and she said all she could do was let someone know- no apologies- not even a 'have a good day' I travel 3 times a month and usually stay at Marriott's- might be time for a change. Recommendation: find a clean, friendlier place!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
rick b, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Im sorry that you found our staff to be unfriendly and your room not clean. As you can read from other reviews, those two areas are our biggest stengths, so I'm taken back that you found it to be "terrible". In talking to Samantha, she very much remembers you (she is named 12 times in previous reviews as being freindly and great, btw). I even saw the hand written note that she made after you came to the front desk, and she did say thanks for staying with us, but feels you might have not noticed, due to being so enraged. She also told you that a manager would get back to you regarding your complaint, but you posted this review before we had a chance to contact you.

I also checked with our housekeeping department and unfortunately we have a different version of the times you claim, but I will just say I'm sorry that you felt that our housekeeping was horrible.

I will say that I find it interesting that 5/9 posts you have made were graded as "horrible" though, so it sounds like it's just not us.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott at San Diego Airport/Liberty Station will now be my go-to hotel when I visit San Diego. I arrived at the hotel after a long flight from Boston, in town for a weekend-long charity bike ride. The hotel at Liberty Station was my first and last night's stay during my trip, and bookended my visit. Soon after arriving in San Diego, I was picked up at the airport and well taken care of by Sandy and Samantha. (Thank you!) Every member of the staff that I encountered at the hotel could not have been more friendly and helpful; the rooms were beautiful and comfortable; and the Liberty Station area had a lot to offer during my brief visit. When I returned to the hotel after completing my charity ride, exhausted and drained, Sandy was behind the desk, greeted me by my name, and asked about my ride. With hundreds of people passing through there each day, I was so touched that she remembered me! It felt so nice to have that warm, friendly welcome after a long weekend, and Sandy is a treasure. I look forward to staying there again when I return to San Diego

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
We love to read comments like yours and thank you for sharing them with us. So glad that Samantha and Sandy may your stay so enjoyable. We are fortunate to have them on our team and they will be excited to read your posting. I do hope you get to the West Coast again and please do visit us.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I took my cross country team ( Christian Brothers University) out to San Diego Oct 5th and Oct 11th and 12th. We got picked up by the airport shuttle which was very easy. From the start everything was done First Class. The driver was very friendly, Checking in was hassle free and very easy. Rooms were clean and the Breakfast was great. My team got a great breakfast with made to order eggs which was a hit! All the staff was very friendly and helpful. All the staff treated you like family. This is a first class operation. We plan to come back again in the future!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure to host you and your team. I’ll be sure to pass these comments on the entire staff. We pride ourselves on making each stay a memorable experience and seems like we were successful in this regard. I enjoyed meeting you and do hope that you get the opportunity to come visit us again.

Travel Safe
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed two nights as our first stop in our Southern California vacation. Hotel was nice and clean. Very friendly staff. Great location. Close to sea world and reasonably close to Fashion Valley Mall and beaches. Didn't really notice much noise from the nearby airport either.
Breakfast is awesome. Bar at night as well. Will come back again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for choosing to start your vacation with us. I’m glad we were able to get it off to a great start. Although we are close to the airport the flight path is almost a mile away so noise typically is not a issue. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your California visit and yes, please come see us again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station? Share your experiences!