“Great location, nice hotel with terrific amenities.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2592 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Utah
“Great location, nice hotel with terrific amenities.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a convention. The location was perfectly situated, next to the airport, 5 minutes from downtown, 10 minutes to Seaworld and beaches. The rooms were well appointed. There is a coffee shop and restaurant with a very good buffet style breakfast. The bar is nice and their bartender makes his own signature margarita. Fitness facility is fairly well equipped but running along the adjacent Esplanade Waterway is preferable to any treadmill.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post about your recent stay. We all agree the Jim’s margarita’s are amazing however they might make the early morning run start a little later. Either way I’m with you and would still chose the Esplanade. Hope you get to visit when you’re not working.

Take care and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a first stay at the Liberty Station Courtyard for four nights to attend a meeting. It is a very busy hotel close to the airport. The staff is very helpful and accommodating, especially Samantha at the front desk when we asked to change rooms in order to get a better view. The Liberty Station redevelopment is a great locale. There are some very good restaurants and shopping opportunities within walking distance. Outside on the waterfront, there is a good walking/running trail as long as you can handle the jets taking off from the airport directly overhead.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the water if possible. The south side of the hotel looks directly onto another...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I hope it will not be your last stay. So happy to hear that our staff took good care of you; and I agree Samantha is a great asset to our property. All our staff read these comments and I know she will be excited to know she made your stay more enjoyable. And with the airport takeoff area being 7/10th of a miles down the path – it’s a great area to watch them depart from. I do hope we will see you again.
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and our 18 month old stayed here for 3 nights, and had a great experience. The hotel was extremely easy to get to from the airport, and the service we received was fantastic. From the front desk to the breakfast service everyone was polite and willing to help with anything. Also, for being so close to the airport, I did not feel like we heard many planes. At least, not where it was bothersome or memorable.

I had wrestled with picking a hotel in the downtown area or this one, and I was very satisfied with the one I chose. The downtown was a little too congested and paying upward of $40 per night for parking seemed crazy to me. We rented a car so the free parking was a major plus. Also, the proximity to almost anything (downtown, the zoo, restaurants, old town) was a short drive.

All-in-all I would probably stay at this hotel again during our next family trip to San Diego.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We realize you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are glad you picked us. I’m also happy to see that we lived up to that choice. The free parking and wifi service can certainly make a big difference when comparing hotels. We work very hard to make sure each guest has a memorable stay and it looks like we were successful. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Please do visit again.
Panama City, Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the San Diego Airport but is long over due for remodeling and upgrading. In addition they charge extra for wifi which I have come to expect as a freeby. My room was ok but a looooong walk from the lobby. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't know.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am sorry that our property was not to your liking. Obviously, I’m going to disagree and based on comments posted I feel the majority of our guests will back me up. I’m also confused by your wifi comment because we do provide free wifi for all guests. Once you sign on the network you click on a “radio button” for 24hr free access.

Take Care
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had an early flight into San Diego, and got to this hotel around 1030am. Even though check-in was not until later on in the afternoon, and the hotel was supposedly sold out the night before, they had a room available for us. This helped a lot as we were flying all night, and needed some rest before going to explore the city. The room was very clean and modern. The mattress was very comfortable, and I slept well - the room was very quiet. The staff was pleasant and friendly both at check-in and check out. Very pleased with the stay overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Our guaranteed check in is at 4pm but we always try to accommodate anyone wishing to check in earlier. I’m so glad to hear we were able to do so in your case. Especially since you arrived on the eye red – we’ve all know what those are like. Thanks for mentioning the staff – they all work hard to make each stay special and they will be please to read your comments.

Have a great day and hope to see you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the Courtyard Liberty Station and were very happy with the whole experience. Our King room with balcony on the 3rd floor looked out to the waterway and all the activity in the pool and the park but noise was not a problem. The room itself was very clean and comfortable with all the amenities. We didn't try the restaurant but the bar with Jim the bartender is a treasure. The cafe was quite nice with Starbuck's coffee drinks and tasty breakfast snacks. Parking is free, location is convenient and staff is friendly and professional. Well worth a stay when in SD.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hope things are well on the East Coast and I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff work hard to make sure everyone has a great experience and we seem to have been successful in your case. We agree that Jim is an amazing bartender and I know he will be glad to read your comments.

Do come visit us again.
Folly Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had been visiting SoCal, starting in LA, and ending in San Diego. My flight out to the East Coast was scheduled for 7AM.... arrrgghhh. So, I decided to stay close to the airport. I wasn't expecting anything but a good Marriott bed, and found a very comfortable, well appointed room, the very comfy bed with six different kinds of pillows, a first floor location, and 2 minutes drive to the rental car return. It made for a very comfortable trip to the departure gate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Appreciate the kind words. We know travelling can be a challenge so I’m glad we were able to provide a great jumping off point. I hope the rest of the trip was a success and please come visit us again when for can stay longer.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station? Share your experiences!