“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Ranked #16 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Norfolk, Virginia
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel (long term business stay) pretty much since June of 2012 and left to return to life back in Virginia Aug 2013. Without the wonderful staff and service all around it would have been very difficult to weather the 14 months away from friends and family. I truly consider the Courtyard at Liberty Station a home away from home. From the front desk staff to Jim at the bar I was always welcomed and made to feel at home. I always received the same room (317) which I loved due to the nice view from the balcony and slightly off the main flight path so quiet as well. I can’t name all the people who always treated me like I was walking in my front door but Terry, Merriam, Stephanie, Chelsea, Chris in the AM and of course Kurt were some that I will always remember because if I was having a hard day at work I instantly felt better when I walked by the front desk. I know the hotel always get a lot of positives about Jim (sign in the lobby is a testament), but they are truly deserving, one of the old school bartenders who knows how to treat his customers. Anna, Lisa, Megan and Jessie in the dining room and bar were always there with a smile and excellent service as well and I always enjoyed the nice comments and banter that ensued after a long day.
I consider the staff’s adept knowledge of Marriott policies and procedures and capable proficiency and demeanor when dealing with customers a direct reflection of the management team’s oversight. Thanks to you and your staff for making my stay an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Family and friends of the bride and groom stayed at this wonderful hotel a month ago. I've never been in a hotel where every hotel employee attended to every need the way this staff did. From the front desk to their restaurant to the shuttle personnel, all of the hotel staff listened to our every need or concern and offered assistance. Example: we had one more wedding guest than we anticipated who needed a room on a night when the hotel was "sold out". After juggling things around, the front desk found a room for this individual. Speaking of the rooms, they were quiet and nicely appointed. Everyone in our wedding party would return to this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this lovey hotel when we visited San Diego this past weekend. We splurged on a premium room and it was worth it. We had a gorgeous water view room with a cute balcony, it over looked the pool and the water. The beds were super comfortable and it the room was decent sized for a couple. It was close enough to Sea World, and convenient to Old Town and downtown San Diego. Our room included a microwave and fridge. It also had a decent size bathroom. Overall I would totally stay here again. Free parking. Complimentary Wi-fi. It had everything we needed.

Room Tip: Choose a water view room. So worth the extra money.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugar Grove, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The rooms we had when we flew out to see our son were perfect. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. They had a adjoining door to connect our rooms to give us just the right amount of time to ourselves.

Room Tip: Use our AAA discount to get the best rate.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked a couple of rooms for bridal party prep for our big day. Also, offered a wedding block to our guest.

We had other hotels next to our venue but we decided to book here, because of all the great reviews and recommendations. Also, we loved the size of the suite and the bright feeling of the rooms.

The staff was great and always very helpful. My mom even left her dress behind by mistake and they jad it waiting at the front desk for us. The rooms were clean and comfy. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Booked 2 king rooms for 3 nights while San Diego house tented for termites (yuck). Was very specific and clear when called 48 hours prior to arrival that one room need balcony as my mother has mobility issues and I wanted her to be able to get fresh air and enjoy views when not able to walk. Front desk said we would have 2 very nice rooms with balcony. Upon check in I was given 2 queen rooms with no balcony and parking lot views. After many minutes of discussion at front desk 1 room moved to bay view but no balcony, second room moved to semi view also no balcony. I specifically book this Marriott for its location, views and balcony, if I had know I would not receive room I requested I would have booked a different Marriott. Mariam at front desk was very polite and tried her best to get us the proper rooms, but sadly the rooms were wrongly blocked by someone else.
Plenty of parking which is free, that is a plus at San Diego hotels. Courtyard in Encinitas charges $20 a night to park.
Room was good size. Very clean.. Rooms have a mini fridge which is always nice.TV remote had issues and was quickly fixed. On our first full day our room was never serviced, even after I called down to front desk.
Hotel has a nice bar area and great seating outside. Was really lovely to sit outside by fire pit and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.
Had the breakfast buffet each morning as I booked price with stay. Was well worth it. Food was fresh and hot.
Issues with pool. Group of screaming kids, and screaming parents, playing Marco Polo. Because there are no life guards or managers at pool area, proper hotel pool manners not enforced. I understand this is a family hotel but guests should not be allowed to treat pool like their private backyard. My our day to relax was a bust. I felt really bad for those guests with rooms right on the pool.
Exercise room is quite nice. Clean. Plenty of equipment. Only issue I had is generally Marriott's have disposable headphones available for those who forget theirs, exercise room had none so first day I could only look at TV with no sound..
Hotels location is 5 star. Plenty of walking paths which we ran on each morning. Liberty Station has great dining choices which we walked to each night. Corvette Diner and Oggis Pizza are favorites.
All in all a nice property, I would recommend it to visiting friends. As long as you have a car it makes a great San Diego base.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very nice hotel with spotless rooms and very nice decor. Had the buffet breakfast, good price and very good selection. Nice patio area over looking the bay. Walking distance to a local pizzeria, good food, and other food places. 3 min drive just east of the airport. 15 min drive to Sea World and a 15 min drive in the other direction to San Diego Zoo. I stayed there for business and I would definitely stay there for pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station? Share your experiences!