“Lovely Stay, Worth the Money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2592 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely Stay, Worth the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this lovey hotel when we visited San Diego this past weekend. We splurged on a premium room and it was worth it. We had a gorgeous water view room with a cute balcony, it over looked the pool and the water. The beds were super comfortable and it the room was decent sized for a couple. It was close enough to Sea World, and convenient to Old Town and downtown San Diego. Our room included a microwave and fridge. It also had a decent size bathroom. Overall I would totally stay here again. Free parking. Complimentary Wi-fi. It had everything we needed.

Room Tip: Choose a water view room. So worth the extra money.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

791 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Sugar Grove, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The rooms we had when we flew out to see our son were perfect. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. They had a adjoining door to connect our rooms to give us just the right amount of time to ourselves.

Room Tip: Use our AAA discount to get the best rate.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked a couple of rooms for bridal party prep for our big day. Also, offered a wedding block to our guest.

We had other hotels next to our venue but we decided to book here, because of all the great reviews and recommendations. Also, we loved the size of the suite and the bright feeling of the rooms.

The staff was great and always very helpful. My mom even left her dress behind by mistake and they jad it waiting at the front desk for us. The rooms were clean and comfy. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Booked 2 king rooms for 3 nights while San Diego house tented for termites (yuck). Was very specific and clear when called 48 hours prior to arrival that one room need balcony as my mother has mobility issues and I wanted her to be able to get fresh air and enjoy views when not able to walk. Front desk said we would have 2 very nice rooms with balcony. Upon check in I was given 2 queen rooms with no balcony and parking lot views. After many minutes of discussion at front desk 1 room moved to bay view but no balcony, second room moved to semi view also no balcony. I specifically book this Marriott for its location, views and balcony, if I had know I would not receive room I requested I would have booked a different Marriott. Mariam at front desk was very polite and tried her best to get us the proper rooms, but sadly the rooms were wrongly blocked by someone else.
Plenty of parking which is free, that is a plus at San Diego hotels. Courtyard in Encinitas charges $20 a night to park.
Room was good size. Very clean.. Rooms have a mini fridge which is always nice.TV remote had issues and was quickly fixed. On our first full day our room was never serviced, even after I called down to front desk.
Hotel has a nice bar area and great seating outside. Was really lovely to sit outside by fire pit and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.
Had the breakfast buffet each morning as I booked price with stay. Was well worth it. Food was fresh and hot.
Issues with pool. Group of screaming kids, and screaming parents, playing Marco Polo. Because there are no life guards or managers at pool area, proper hotel pool manners not enforced. I understand this is a family hotel but guests should not be allowed to treat pool like their private backyard. My our day to relax was a bust. I felt really bad for those guests with rooms right on the pool.
Exercise room is quite nice. Clean. Plenty of equipment. Only issue I had is generally Marriott's have disposable headphones available for those who forget theirs, exercise room had none so first day I could only look at TV with no sound..
Hotels location is 5 star. Plenty of walking paths which we ran on each morning. Liberty Station has great dining choices which we walked to each night. Corvette Diner and Oggis Pizza are favorites.
All in all a nice property, I would recommend it to visiting friends. As long as you have a car it makes a great San Diego base.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very nice hotel with spotless rooms and very nice decor. Had the buffet breakfast, good price and very good selection. Nice patio area over looking the bay. Walking distance to a local pizzeria, good food, and other food places. 3 min drive just east of the airport. 15 min drive to Sea World and a 15 min drive in the other direction to San Diego Zoo. I stayed there for business and I would definitely stay there for pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here last year, and we are about to stay here again next week. Had to post my review to respond to the person below who complained about the "noisy pool area". We had a waterfront room and balcony so for the 4 days we stayed last year, we would have heard pool noise if there was a ton, but there really was not. We enjoyed it and considered it very quiet! I think the airplanes taking off would be much more noise than the pool area, but even that was not a big deal. I live in North San Diego County and we love staying at this hotel because it is centrally located and doesn't cost a mint. I wish the pool were more exciting but as far as the noise, I totally disagree with the person below.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
rick b, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
WOW! That was a first! THANKS so much for posting that great response BEFORE your stay with us!.

Please call Duncan MacDonald at 619 221-1900 with your upcoming reservation information, and thanks for your repeat business...we are honored.

All the best!

Rick
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The pool is open until 11:00 and the courtyard is extremely noisy. If you want to relax with a little peace and quiet before bed do not stay here. We came with our kids who tried to go to sleep at 9:45, us parents on our computers and reading, trying to relax. Our room echoed with the sound of swimmers laughing, the pool gate clanging, splashing, chatting. Would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
rick b, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I'm extremely sorry that you didnt get a good nights sleep...thats what we sell, and we obviously failed on this night. The only wish I have is that you had notified us at the front desk to let us know, because we would have quickly had those individuals leave the pool area as our pool closes at 10pm, not 11pm as you have stated.

Again, our pool closes at 10:00pm SHARP!...and we strictly inforce our 10pm "quiet time" after that, throughout the entire hotel. In fact every guest that checks in to our hotel receives this 10pm "quiet time" information.

Unfortunately, even though there are posted signs and the pool gates locks at 10pm...we do have some guests that do not honor this policy...but all you needed to do is make that call and we would have promptly taken care of the situation.

Again, our apologies, and I wish you all the best.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station? Share your experiences!