“Good location for airport but close to amenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2592 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 269 hotels in San Diego
“Good location for airport but close to amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

For an airport hotel it was very good. I'm a big fan of Marriott and stay every chance I get whilst on business. Still don't understand why mid range Marriott's offer free wifi but the more expensive charge over 12 usd. So was glad for free wifi here and also shuttle bus to terminal. There is also a good selection of restaurants with a short walking distance across the park. Jim wasn't working the bar that night !

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
It’s wonderful to hear you are a fan of Marriott and I’m happy that we were able to live up to your expectations. Glad you had the opportunity to walk around and visit some of our Liberty Station neighbors, we have some good ones. Sorry you missed Jim, guess that just means you need to come back for another visit.

Til then – travel safe

751 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A decent location if you want to be close to airport. Seemed like a safe neighbourhood to walk with a nice walking trail with plenty of restaurants in the area. If you are looking to be in the centre of San Diego, this is not the place for you. There is a public bus that goes to the downtown area and the waterfront but cab fare into the city will set you back a few bucks but it's not a long ride. Hotel was clean, good service and the guy at the bar was great. Nice outdoor pool area but I didn't use it as it was a little chilly outside when I was there.

Room Tip: You can get pool view or parking lot view... I'm sure there's a premium but my parking lot...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Our staff work hard to ensure each guest as an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We value your feedback and appreciate the shout out for our staff, especially “Jim” at the bar.

Have a great day and hope to see you soon.
Santa Monica, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is nestled in a great area. There's a bay in the backyard and a huge park next door. The pool is small, but clean. The chlorine smell was a little too strong. The jacuzzi was great - nice high temperature with working jets. I had dinner here and it was one of the better burgers I've had...go figure. Great service from the bartender. I love the courtyard near the pool. It's really cute and has a cozy firepit. Our room seemed nicely remodeled. The rooms also have a Keurig coffee machine, which is super nice. But I wish they gave half and half cups and splenda with the coffee. My only gripe is that our bathroom floor was not clean. I could see streaks of dirt on it when we checked in. It is right near the airport so you will hear planes flying by every 20 minutes. All in all: terrific hotel. I would definitely stay here again in San Diego.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and provide us with valuable feedback. I had our engineering department check the chlorine levels and all were normal. I’m glad you enjoyed your dining experience but would like to apologize for the condition of your bathroom floor. That is not the norm for us and I know the housekeeping department will be disappointed. I hope you do get the opportunity to visit us again.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have been working closely with the Courtyard by Marriott for the past few years to accommodate the high volume of visitors we receive at High Tech High. The service is consistently excellent and professional. The staff is especially helpful and accommodating to any of our requests and needs. Our visitors are always very pleased with their stay and we are always at ease when hosting events and banquets at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
It’s always a pleasure to hear from our Liberty Station family. We enjoy having your visitors stay with us and appreciate the opportunity to welcome them to San Diego. Our staff take great pride in the work they do and will be thrilled to read your comments.

Miami,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I loved this place because the location was wonderful.It didn't take long to go any where that we wanted to go.Everyone was very kind and friendly.The room was clean and comfortable.The buffet breakfast was very good.Pick up coupons for discounts for the zoo,etc.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from an elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting about your recent stay and your 5 star rating.

And I agree, Liberty Station is an amazing location. Being so close to downtown yet having tons of open parkland and a walking path along the water is very nice. Hope you get an opportunity to visit us again.

Travel Safe
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have been working with the Courtyard by Marriott at Liberty Station for over a year now with our many corporate training events that we conduct for our employees. The staff works very hard to ensure every detail is covered and I always know our sessions will run smoothly and that our employees will be treated with the greatest of care. The conference rooms are bright and spacious, the catering is very good and very flexible for all types of preferences & dietary needs, the rooms are comfortable, the location is perfect (close to the airport, lots of restaurants, walking/running trails near by...) and the lounge is a perfect spot to unwind after a long day. I can go on and on.... That said, it truly is the dedicated, friendly and service oriented staff that makes this place so special.

Joanne Lamb
HR Manager
WD-40 Company
San Diego

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Ms. Joanne Lamb

Please go on…. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post and share your experience.

It is an honor to host a great San Diego company like WD-40 at our property. All our staff, from the kitchen, housekeeping and sales work very hard to ensure everyone has an amazing stay and they will be thrilled to read your comments. We appreciate the business and look forward to your next event.

Have a great day
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This Courtyard should be the "model" for Marriott Courtyard hotels...what a gem!!! We were attending a charity event nearby at Liberty Station and chose this due to location. We found staff was wonderful very professional, friendly and very helpful. i travel frequently for work usually staying at Marriott Hotels; however, if this is an indication of what the Courtyards are like then I will consider these hotels in the future. I am very fussy and this hotel was amazing, it was exceptionally clean, it was easy to find your way around the hotel. I liked the intimacy of the hotel as well it felt like a boutique hotel. The restaurant staff and buffet breakfast was excellent. The bar looked initmate, inviting and relaxing. Also, it is so convenient if you don't want a meal then grab something from Starbucks. Overall my husband & I found this to be very enjoyable ...we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words. Our staff work very hard to make each stay special and it seems we were successful in your case. It is nice to hear that you believe other Courtyards should be modeled after us, I couldn’t think of a better compliant and we appreciate you sharing it.

I do hope you get the opportunity to join us again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station? Share your experiences!