I searched and searched and read and read review after review after review here on tripadvisor trying to find a great hotel for my recent stay for the Marine Graduation this past weekend, and after searching high and searching low, i settled on this Marriott because of the countless great reviews and location. It's close to the airport but not too close, and it's close to the MCRD (Marine Base), and it's close to Rosecrans which is a popular street with tons of food options etc. This hotel lives up to it's high ranking #5 out of 247 hotels in the San Diego area. The rooms are excellent, spacious, well appointed with a flat screen tv, mini refrigerator, A/V hookups to watch videos if you have your camcorder or laptop with you and want to watch footage on the TV, cable including HBO, very spacious bathroom, granite counters, and even granite window sills. The staff is SUPER friendly, the lobby and main areas are immaculate, the fitness center has 24 hour access, unlike many hotels that limit access, the jacuzzi was awesome as was the pool, the location has the harbor to the rear, a huge open park and trails, plus a beach area, and it's in a very upscale looking neighborhood. The business center is free to use, ie free internet access and a printer, plus free wi-fi in the rooms. There's a market attached to it that has starbucks plus other sandwich type deli items, plus a little store for knick knacks if you've forgotten something or need a little something extra (protein drinks, candy bars, chips, batteries, etc). Parking is FREE!! Which is impossible to find at a hotel in this class. So i basically had no complaints whatsoever and really can't imagine how anyone could complain on this hotel. Sure you hear planes, you're near an airport. They stop flying around 10p and they start around 630am, but again it's not anything major. The planes aren't directly over head so it isn't super loud. I've decided that each time i return back to san diego, unless i'm renting some beach condo with a ton of friends, i will definitely be staying at this hotel again and again and would recommend it to any and everyone. Excellent. :) I stayed two nights (dec 7 - 9, 2011).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Marriott and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard