“Best Bread & Sandwiches Ever A Must Try!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 117 Bakeries in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bakeries
McAllen, Texas
“Best Bread & Sandwiches Ever A Must Try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I live in San Diego for about 7 years love the place. Con Pane Rustic Breads & Café is located in the Point Loma area of San Diego, But its a must eat location if ever in San Diego.
The location is great very try to go as early as possible because their bread go's fast the coffee is great and WOW the sandwiches are delicious and breads are amazing as well.

I would always order the roast beef with goat cheese on olive oil rosemary bread its amazing best sandwich I think I’ve ever had. Bread is very thick (though) and tasty - portions are large. I have not been able to locate this any where else but on my next visit back to San Diego I'm going their to have this sandwich again and buy a loaf to go.

Indoor/outdoor – some diners bring their dogs and small children. Sit inside if the dogs bother you.

Prices are very reasonable but order a ½ sandwich if you aren’t very hungry, although I easily finished the whole sandwich without feeling too full. The cinnamon roll looked like it was to die for so try them out tasty and amazing take it to go.

Understand that you serve yourself after ordering – there are no waitresses except to deliver your sandwiches. Locals/Regulars say it gets quite busy and told us we “got lucky and just beat the crowd” (I would eat here on the weekends).

They also offer Box Lunches (all inclusive), which is a great idea for a picnic or togo meal if you are on your way somewhere.

So go have a Sandwich and a loaf to go its Amazing a Must if ever in San Diego. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Long Beach, California
“Fantastic sandwiches - and don't forget a loaf to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

5 stars for a sandwich? You bet. Honestly, I'm not much of a sandwich guy. Sandwiches are what I have if there's nothing else. But this place got a great writeup in Sunset magazine, and we decided we had to give it a try, since we were staying nearby. WOW! Yes, we had to wait 20 minutes to put in our order. But I'm SO glad we waited. Honestly, the turkey club on olive oil rosemary bread was the best sandwich I've ever had in my life. Every flavor came through and it was all delicious. My hubby had a roast beef on sourdough and said it was great as well. We liked it so much we came back the following morning on our way back home to Long Beach to pick up a loaf of the olive oil rosemary bread. It's really, really good bread, but I hear they run out of it fairly early. Really - try this place if you're anywhere near the Liberty Station area. Totally worth the wait.

Visited August 2013
Utah
“Great breads, good sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Small selection of sandwiches but they're good. The bread was fantastic; we took several loaves with us to tear apart and eat while out. The mall it's in was fun too, and parking was easy and free. A bit pricey but it's trendy so expected.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, AZ
“Exceptional breads.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

There are not enough stars to rate the bread and bread plates at this bakery. It has moved from its former location to Liberty Station and its followers came with it. For good reason. The whole grain and kalamata breads are our favorites but there are no losers. The sandwiches are also exceptional. We like the veggie Cobb without mustard. Large enough to share. The bread plates are amazing. A don't miss place. Locally popular so expect lines and it can run out of favorite breads. Local knowledge tip: call and order ahead. The phone in pick up line is separate and can be much faster. You can still eat in. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee
“Best bread and pastries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wow! This place is a find. Great bread and pastries. I think they have the best multigrain bread I have ever had and I have been to a lot of bread stores. For a $1.50 you can get a huge slice of any daily bread with butter and jam. Really great place. I wish I could bring it home with me.

• Visited June 2013