me and my wife stayed here jan 27th-30th on a quick trip. it is a really nice, clean, big upscale hotel. they couldn't have built it any better except putting access to the starbucks and fox sports grill from inside the hotel. the rooms were extremely clean and nice and comfortable. the problem was that this hotel even though located right across the street from petco park and the gaslamp district, you have to walk back down to 5th street to cross the train tracks to get over there. you just feel a bit cut off from downtown. but the views are great. they are building a walk over bridge but it is not yet open. also, there were no place to purchase alcohol to bring up to your room. there are no close by stores or anything. the retail shop does not sell alcohol and the restaurants and bars don't sell alcohol to bring up to your room. it would take about 30 minutes time to walk to your car in the garage, drive somewhere and come back. the other bad thing is they hold a lot of conferences and "balls" there so the lobby and parking garage is always busy. the last night of our stay my wife was sick and we had to get up at 6:00 to catch our flight and they were holding a "ball" there and the people there were up and in the halls all night long yelling and laughing. we first complained at 11:30. it went on until 4:30. we didn't get to sleep more than 30 minutes straight all night long. they kicked over glasses outside our door and when i opened the door and asked them to be quiet they asked me if i wanted to fight. there was nothing done about this that night by the staff to quiet them. why can't they put all the guests of a ball on the same floor? not to mention we were close to the elevators and they dinged all night long too. i did call a few days later to complain and they took my parking charges ($75) off. but that doesn't make it better. when you pay the money to stay in a hotel like this you don't expect these problems.
nice clean hotel, weirdly isolated, no help to quiet loud guests, expensive parking. i will definitely stay on the other side of the train tracks next stay in san diego.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego
- Hilton Hotel San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step in. From the moment you arrive you instantly feel the difference. All of the vitalizing elements of the sea and sun are embraced on this spectacular waterfront setting. Rising 30 stories above San Diego Bay, the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel is a spirited blend of San Diego’s coastal influences, style, innovation and of course the unmistakable vibe. Steps from downtown’s Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, and PETCO Park, this beautiful hotel offers the amenities and lays the best of the city at your doorstep. Now guests have easy access from the hotel by way of the pedestrian bridge, directly to PETCO Park, downtown’s vibrant Gaslamp district, and up-in-coming East Village. Luxury and comfort have no boundaries here. Enjoy magnificent San Diego Bay and city views from our lobby, restaurants and guest rooms. Each one of the 1,190 spacious guest rooms including 30 suites at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront has a Bay view and features Hilton's Serenity Collection® bed and linens, the finest amenities such as Peter Thomas Roth® products, and the latest technology. And true to Hilton tradition, exceptional service comes as effortlessly here as the tides ebb and flow. For a San Diego business trip, family weekend, or a romantic getaway, Hilton San Diego Bayfront accommodations offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton San Diego Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.