As a Hilton Honors member we love staying at Hilton hotels. I made a reservation at the hotel booking one of their King corner unit rooms to ensure we would have a great room with a great view. When making the reservation I specifically let the hotel know that we would be celebrating our anniversary even going as far as to ask if there was anything that could be done to make our anniversary just that much more special. Also when making the reservation I requested a room on a high floor- this is also noted on our Hilton Honor's membership.
Before arriving no one called to inquire about our anniversary. When we checked in the front desk noted it was our anniversary so I figured it would be acknowledged. Wrong. The hotel placed us in a room on the 8th floor- out of 30. So much for a high floor. What was worse was our room was directly over the Dole shipyard where the Dole ship docks and then hundreds of trucks line up to have a crane drop a giant metal container on the truck. This provided for a less than desirable view and a noisy wake up Sunday morning. Ultimately no one acknowledged our anniversary- in fact no one even came for turn down service- a standard at any hotel of this caliber.
While the hotel itself is beautiful and in a wonderful location the service was disappointing. We wont be returning to this hotel to celebrate our anniversary next year.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel
- Hilton San Diego
- Hilton Hotel San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step in. From the moment you arrive you instantly feel the difference. All of the vitalizing elements of the sea and sun are embraced on this spectacular waterfront setting. Rising 30 stories above San Diego Bay, the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel is a spirited blend of San Diego’s coastal influences, style, innovation and of course the unmistakable vibe. Steps from downtown’s Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, and PETCO Park, this beautiful hotel offers the amenities and lays the best of the city at your doorstep. Now guests have easy access from the hotel by way of the pedestrian bridge, directly to PETCO Park, downtown’s vibrant Gaslamp district, and up-in-coming East Village. Luxury and comfort have no boundaries here. Enjoy magnificent San Diego Bay and city views from our lobby, restaurants and guest rooms. Each one of the 1,190 spacious guest rooms including 30 suites at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront has a Bay view and features Hilton's Serenity Collection® bed and linens, the finest amenities such as Peter Thomas Roth® products, and the latest technology. And true to Hilton tradition, exceptional service comes as effortlessly here as the tides ebb and flow. For a San Diego business trip, family weekend, or a romantic getaway, Hilton San Diego Bayfront accommodations offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton San Diego Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.