“Too expensive for what you get” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #70 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Too expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very pretty inside and it's less than a half mile from all the fun of downtown. But I think there are better deals for the money. The rooms are tiny. They give you two towels per room (inconvenient). The wedge salad in the bar was ok but for $15 I thought it would have been better. I waited in line to ask the concierge about steakhouses, then noticed a tiny sign saying they were out for the night and to see the front desk. The front desk didn't know where any restaurants that served prime rib and handed me a map with names of restaurants (with no phone numbers or addresses) Which was not very helpful. When I asked the front desk where my event was for the next morning he said "they don't tell us what rooms are assigned to what until 5am the morning of" this was a college graduation. How do you not know?! Overall not bad. But I think I will find elsewhere for our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013

Craigavon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

It had been 26 years since my last visit to San Diego ! ...( I live in Northern Ireland ).... this was my 1st time staying at a Hilton Hotel .... it was just super .
Location was wonderful , at the edge of the marina and beside Petco Park and at the mouth of the Gas Lamp district , which meant that i was able to walk to most places that i wished to visit on my week long stay with my 12yr old daughter... only needed to use taxi's for Sea World & the Zoo !. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful , the hotel rooms were lovely and we had a view of the marina - which was just amazing . We ate in the Fox Grill bar on a few occasions and in the hotel restaurant too .... also the starbucks just outside the hotel door for breakfast too - all were very nice . I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking a great hotel and location for downtown San Diego visits. Wish i didnt live so far away - but hope one day to have a return visit - as i had a great time here . Thanks for making my visit so special Hilton Bayfront <3
!

Room Tip: I would recommend the marina view of the hotel - especially if your staying for a week or more .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing to stay with us of all the options here in San Diego. I am glad that you had such a great visit traveling all the way from Ireland and that you and your daughter had such a memorable experience. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the variety of dining options we have available for guests and that you appreciated our convenient location on the bay and within minutes of all the best San Diego has to offer. I do hope you are able to come back and visit us again soon. Thank you for your feedback!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Hilton Bayfront is on the water -- beautiful views from rooms, restaurants, bars, and pool. The lobby and all internal spaces are comfortable and easily accessible. The gym and spa are lovely and well maintained. For a high rise hotel of over 30 floors, the elevators run magnificently! At the height of a convention of 4,000 people, we never waited more than 30 seconds for an elevator, and often much less. The only drawback to the hotel is the rooms themselves. They are clean and functional, but if you're inclined to take pictures, they will be of the lobby, the boardwalk just outside, and the view from the room not in the room. Great place for business and/or pleasure. Very child friendly, as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Solonotes
North Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Arriving at the Hilton was such a pleasure. The hotel is on the edge of the downtown core but with a overpass, walking to events and restaurants is easy. The room was well appointed and extremely clean. We had a ocean view on the corner and I could sit on the chaise and just watch ships. The small causal restaurant wasn't great, pizza wasn't tasty. There is is Starbucks for your morning coffee in the hotel. Matt made our visit totally flawless and he made us feel like his only customer. Hats off to you Matt.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and go for the ocean view , isn't that the reason you are in San Diego.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda O
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were extremely relaxed during your visit. I am happy to know that you loved our location situated on the bay and within walking distance to Petco Park and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter. I am delighted to hear that you loved your spacious guest room with beautiful views of the bay and downtown. I am so happy to learn how wonderful Matt was during your visit. I will be sure to give him special recognition for his outstanding customer service. Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Room is nice, however the amenities are too pricey. $12.95 for in-room Internet, but free in the lobby - horrible. Staff was friendly and helpful. Had a terrible meal at the Fox Sports Grill. Manager was kind enough to take some of the bill, but damage was already done. Also, service was fair. View of the harbor was great! Walk to Petco Park was a breeze. I think we'll try the Omni if we return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Overall this hotel is amazing. It has a great view of the bay and Petco park and the downtown area of San Diego. The rooms were very nice and had super soft beds. We like that it was with in walking distance of the Gaslamp Quarter and nice varied price resturarnt choices. Conference center was great and right next to the Convention center with a short walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Btownboy
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am ecstatic to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with the hotel. I am happy to hear that you appreciated our convenient location just steps from the convention center and just a short walk to Petco Park and the lively Gaslamp Quarter. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you come back to see us in the near future.
Palm Beach Gardens, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent 7 glorious nights at the Hilton, Bayfront. The hotel was absolutely beautiful. Very family friendly. The staff were above and beyond helpful, friendly and welcoming. The pool and fitness center were awesome. Beautiful landscaping and views.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank James C
I’m glad to hear you and your family had such a memorable vacation here with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay with us for your week long getaway. I am happy to hear that you loved the hotel, the views, and our brand new pool and poolside oasis, The Pool Club! Thank you for your feedback and I hope you and your family come and visit us again soon.