“Pool and parking” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Riverton, United States
“Pool and parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The room, the staff and the view are excellent. Two complaints: 1) Fees for parking with the hotel are outrageous 2) The pool area is too small. If you want to use the pool area, get up early and stake out your spots. It is right next door to the convention center and a stroll down the boardwalk will take you to great shopping and dining area. The USS Midway is also within walking distance and is well worth the time/money to visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Easy to park, lobby was gorgeous, big, and clean. The guy who helped me was great. No line. Room was clean and PHENOMINAL. I got a corner room on 9th floor with 2 queen beds, with a view of the water and the city. Only thing I didnt' like was $3.25 for a bottle of water. I know hotel prices are more, but that was a bit silly. I'll be back though. A+++.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were thoroughly impressed with your spacious and comfortable guest room. I am glad to know that you found all the staff pleasant and courteous and that you will definitely return for a visit. Thank you for our A+++ rating and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Diego.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are staying by yourself the rooms are good. I am a big proponent for vanities outside the bathroom and if you have them in the bathroom why not install a vent. When traveling with other people this is a problem only one sink in bathroom. The lighting in the bathrooms was OK but it would of been nice to have a makeup mirror. It was a good hotel for the money but it was really nothing special. I would say that I did get excellent service from the employees and that is very important. I do like the pedestrian bridge that takes you right to Petco park, East Village and Gaslight District. Lots of places to eat and a small shopping mall within walking distance.

Pensacola, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I will recommend the Hilton Hotel to anyone. The overall experience of my stay was outstanding. When I arrived, I was greeted by very friendly staff and the process for checking in was completed in a timely manner.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you found your entire stay to be outstanding. I am also very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to San Diego again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My mother, a friend and I went to San Diego for a dance competition at the convention center and the dance group booked out a floor at this hotel. It was wonderful!! We got a nice, comfortable hotel room that was in our budget. There was a cute store near the dining area so I could get snacks when I got low, the TV had all the channels I love and the small balcony held a wonderful view of the bay! Walking to the convention center was no problem and it was wonderful weather! The small shopping plaza down the road was much fun to visit! The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there was only one bed but I guess that one was on us. Haha. Three people in one bed and a tiny couch was uncomfortable. The breakfast was as delicious as ever and the overall look of the place was amazing! If San Diego ever comes our way again we certainly are staying here again!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for your recent 5 star review. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your hotel room view and the TV channels available. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed breakfast everyday and had some time for shopping during your stay. I really hope you have a chance to visit San Diego again and we look forward to welcoming you if you do.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

2nd stay at this hotel. Nice location on the bay. Nice views from higher floors. Rooms are modern & what you'd expect from a newer Hilton. No complimentary internet access unless you're a Hilton diamond or gold status. Seriously - the internet is a utility. Get your greedy paws off it and just offer it as a complimentary amenity.

Fitness center is nice - has a view out to the pool area. You can get a decent workout in. Half the workout is getting from your room to the fitness center....it's a big place.

Starbucks onsite as well as some other dining options. Frozen yogurt too.

Parking is convenient to the hotel. Self-park is easy - just park & take the bridge to the hotel - no need to mess w/ the annoying valet process. My company will pay for valet but I can't stand waiting around for my car - I'd rather just walk to it and drive away - and that's pretty easy here.

Overall, very nice hotel - I was here for work - it was busy & full of convention-types. I probably wouldn't choose this hotel on vacation because it doesn't have that feel, but for work - I would stay here again...& I guess I would need to so I can get closer to my fancy Hilton status for free internet.......

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views
Towson, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel when attending a large national conference at the convention center just a block away. Check in with a line actually moved very fast. The room and bathroom were very clean. The work desk was large enough for my lap top and papers. My bed was really comfortable and they quickly delivered the foam pillows I asked for. It was quiet at night. It was an easy walk over the attached pedestrian bridge to Petco Field and into the Gas Lamp District.

Room Tip: The view of the bay is fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be conveniently located and the check-in line moved quickly. I am also pleased to know that the housekeeping team was quick to respond to your request for foam pillows and the hotel was quiet at night. I am also happy to hear you found the pedestrian bridge leading directly from the hotel to the Gaslamp district convenient.

Been to Hilton San Diego Bayfront? Share your experiences!