“Convenient Hotel for Conference” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #65 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Convenient Hotel for Conference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are staying by yourself the rooms are good. I am a big proponent for vanities outside the bathroom and if you have them in the bathroom why not install a vent. When traveling with other people this is a problem only one sink in bathroom. The lighting in the bathrooms was OK but it would of been nice to have a makeup mirror. It was a good hotel for the money but it was really nothing special. I would say that I did get excellent service from the employees and that is very important. I do like the pedestrian bridge that takes you right to Petco park, East Village and Gaslight District. Lots of places to eat and a small shopping mall within walking distance.

2,205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pensacola, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I will recommend the Hilton Hotel to anyone. The overall experience of my stay was outstanding. When I arrived, I was greeted by very friendly staff and the process for checking in was completed in a timely manner.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you found your entire stay to be outstanding. I am also very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to San Diego again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My mother, a friend and I went to San Diego for a dance competition at the convention center and the dance group booked out a floor at this hotel. It was wonderful!! We got a nice, comfortable hotel room that was in our budget. There was a cute store near the dining area so I could get snacks when I got low, the TV had all the channels I love and the small balcony held a wonderful view of the bay! Walking to the convention center was no problem and it was wonderful weather! The small shopping plaza down the road was much fun to visit! The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there was only one bed but I guess that one was on us. Haha. Three people in one bed and a tiny couch was uncomfortable. The breakfast was as delicious as ever and the overall look of the place was amazing! If San Diego ever comes our way again we certainly are staying here again!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for your recent 5 star review. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your hotel room view and the TV channels available. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed breakfast everyday and had some time for shopping during your stay. I really hope you have a chance to visit San Diego again and we look forward to welcoming you if you do.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

2nd stay at this hotel. Nice location on the bay. Nice views from higher floors. Rooms are modern & what you'd expect from a newer Hilton. No complimentary internet access unless you're a Hilton diamond or gold status. Seriously - the internet is a utility. Get your greedy paws off it and just offer it as a complimentary amenity.

Fitness center is nice - has a view out to the pool area. You can get a decent workout in. Half the workout is getting from your room to the fitness center....it's a big place.

Starbucks onsite as well as some other dining options. Frozen yogurt too.

Parking is convenient to the hotel. Self-park is easy - just park & take the bridge to the hotel - no need to mess w/ the annoying valet process. My company will pay for valet but I can't stand waiting around for my car - I'd rather just walk to it and drive away - and that's pretty easy here.

Overall, very nice hotel - I was here for work - it was busy & full of convention-types. I probably wouldn't choose this hotel on vacation because it doesn't have that feel, but for work - I would stay here again...& I guess I would need to so I can get closer to my fancy Hilton status for free internet.......

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views
Towson, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel when attending a large national conference at the convention center just a block away. Check in with a line actually moved very fast. The room and bathroom were very clean. The work desk was large enough for my lap top and papers. My bed was really comfortable and they quickly delivered the foam pillows I asked for. It was quiet at night. It was an easy walk over the attached pedestrian bridge to Petco Field and into the Gas Lamp District.

Room Tip: The view of the bay is fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be conveniently located and the check-in line moved quickly. I am also pleased to know that the housekeeping team was quick to respond to your request for foam pillows and the hotel was quiet at night. I am also happy to hear you found the pedestrian bridge leading directly from the hotel to the Gaslamp district convenient.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at this location for a conference and it was really lovely. The location was perfect and just a short walk to the popular Gas Lamp area with lots of great restaurants and sites. Our conference utilized the hotel instead of the nearby conference center and that was perfect. There is a few onsite restaurants/ bars and an adjacent Starbucks (which was very convenient). I upgraded to a suite on the 30th floor with marine views and loved staring and all of the boats and the nice skyline. I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend this location to not just business travelers but families as well.

Room Tip: Book Spa early. I was unable to get a workable time slot because it was booked.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We specifically went to this hotel during spring break because they had advertised their new pool remodel. We could find no pictures on the website but the description includes "THE SPLASH ZONE | Exclusively designed with your little ones in mind, our brand new children's pool is one that will excite the most discerning tyke. This kids-only water play area has an exhilarating water slide and a shallow water immersion station complete with fountains and water toys, perfect for kids of all ages". Sounded good. First, I'll say our disappointment started with something that was out of the hotel's control...the weather. It was cold and WINDY. This being right on the water, the wind really made the days unattractive to sit by the pool. However, the pool was heated and the water was warm enough to get in. And, once down there behind the glass fencing, it wasn't too bad. Second, we were disappointed by the fact the "Splash Zone" was completely roped off for a corporate event of some kind. Tents, tables, etc were set up over the area. So, we couldn't even go in to try out the area. But, I'll warn parents of kids over the age of 4, it's not the fun kid area it's made to sound. I've included one photo where you can kind of make out the "exhilarating water slide", which is very much a playground looking structure that didn't appeal to my 8 and 11 year olds. We were expecting a true resort water slide and this was not it. Lastly, though it's fun for a short time to watch the cargo ships load and unload, a full day of staring at the side of a cargo ship instead of the view of Coronado you should have, plus the noise of the said loading and unloading, wears on you. I will say that the remodel is really nice. There are a good number of seats all around the pool, water is warm and service poolside is good. There is a large club like bar area now that takes much of the pool deck and if you are into that and like lounging in couch-like club seating by the pool, there is that option for you.
Aside the from the pool disappointment, however, we did really like our stay. The room was great. We were excited to be placed on the 30th (top) floor with an amazing view of downtown. We were a nice walk to Seaport Village, Petco Park, the Children's Museum and the south end of the gaslamp. Many great places to eat and go out. Great place to be active and run or bike from. The morning breakfast buffet was good (not exciting for the price, but good). Service was great in all aspects. Housekeeping, front desk, restaurant service, etc was all excellent. No complaints there. So, if you aren't looking specifically for the resort pool for the family experience, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton San Diego Bayfront? Share your experiences!