2nd stay at this hotel. Nice location on the bay. Nice views from higher floors. Rooms are modern & what you'd expect from a newer Hilton. No complimentary internet access unless you're a Hilton diamond or gold status. Seriously - the internet is a utility. Get your greedy paws off it and just offer it as a complimentary amenity.
Fitness center is nice - has a view out to the pool area. You can get a decent workout in. Half the workout is getting from your room to the fitness center....it's a big place.
Starbucks onsite as well as some other dining options. Frozen yogurt too.
Parking is convenient to the hotel. Self-park is easy - just park & take the bridge to the hotel - no need to mess w/ the annoying valet process. My company will pay for valet but I can't stand waiting around for my car - I'd rather just walk to it and drive away - and that's pretty easy here.
Overall, very nice hotel - I was here for work - it was busy & full of convention-types. I probably wouldn't choose this hotel on vacation because it doesn't have that feel, but for work - I would stay here again...& I guess I would need to so I can get closer to my fancy Hilton status for free internet.......
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel
- Hilton San Diego
- Hilton Hotel San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step in. From the moment you arrive you instantly feel the difference. All of the vitalizing elements of the sea and sun are embraced on this spectacular waterfront setting. Rising 30 stories above San Diego Bay, the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel is a spirited blend of San Diego’s coastal influences, style, innovation and of course the unmistakable vibe. Steps from downtown’s Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, and PETCO Park, this beautiful hotel offers the amenities and lays the best of the city at your doorstep. Now guests have easy access from the hotel by way of the pedestrian bridge, directly to PETCO Park, downtown’s vibrant Gaslamp district, and up-in-coming East Village. Luxury and comfort have no boundaries here. Enjoy magnificent San Diego Bay and city views from our lobby, restaurants and guest rooms. Each one of the 1,190 spacious guest rooms including 30 suites at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront has a Bay view and features Hilton's Serenity Collection® bed and linens, the finest amenities such as Peter Thomas Roth® products, and the latest technology. And true to Hilton tradition, exceptional service comes as effortlessly here as the tides ebb and flow. For a San Diego business trip, family weekend, or a romantic getaway, Hilton San Diego Bayfront accommodations offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton San Diego Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.