“Not what I expected on my second visit” 2 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #65 of 270 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“Not what I expected on my second visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Check-in was slow and room not ready at 3 pm room here are nice but after I had stayed here in 2010 I said that this was a fantastic hotel but just over 2 years later on my second visit things had changed and not for the better not water in the rooms then I get it the next morning ?? Breakfast was no where as good as 2 years previous and then at check out the manager would not give me a receipt saying that what I payed could not be put on receipt only the amount that the hotel pay .. Saying that I did not book though Hilton ?? Booked with Hilton honors ?? As a HH diamond member it was a disaster will think again before booking at the hotel the manager was rude and very Arrogant fount of house I don't like saying names but happy to speak with some on this matter

Hilton what's happened

Great spot to catch a game go for a walk see San Deigo at its best

• Stayed September 2012
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us a second time and for taking the time to share your candid feedback. I am sincerely sorry to hear that your second stay with us was not as you remembered from your first visit and there were some aspects of your stay that you were displeased with. At no time do I want any of our guests to feel frustrated or upset and I want all our guests to have a positive and memorable visit each and every time they step through our front door. I would like to speak with you in further depth to see what we can do to rectify the situation. Please email me directly at katie.ellison@hilton.com. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

1,860 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
victora,tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family liked our little room on the 26th floor sea view but I think the Hyatt or Marriott would be a better focus for us this summer. Our room wasn't ready for check in at 1430 but we were called when it was ready at 1530 which was good for us I guess. Vela has a great breakfast buffet, in my opinion, and the Fox Grill is my favorite for burgers or fish and chips. Hopefully the pool and outside area around the harbor will be finished this summer to sit and eat and walk around, get it?

Room Tip: high room at 26 floor or above,sea view, patio, great sunset over the harbor. God Bless
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us during your family getaway. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the beautiful views of the bay and Coronado Island directly from your guestroom and that you loved our delicious and vast breakfast buffet, complete with a build-your-own omelet station. You will be excited to know that our backyard renovation is scheduled to be completed spring 2013 which will include a children’s pool and waterslide and an expansive new bar and lounge, the perfect bay side space for children and adults to enjoy. We hope to see you and your family this summer!
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very nice place. Booked with Expieda. Hidden cost were a surprise 20.00 upgrade view...plenty of vacancies were availible should not charged for that . Have to pay for wi-fi. No parking have to pay 27.00 to park yourself or 36.00 for valet, 3.25 for a bottle of water in your room Spacious rooms, comfy beds, good location

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to San Diego. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that you were impressed with your spacious and comfortable guestroom. I am happy to learn that you appreciated our convenient location on the bay, just a quick walk to a variety of local restaurants, shops, and tourists hotspots. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you felt there were hidden fees during your stay. For future reference, we do offer complimentary wifi in Vela, Starbucks, Fox Sports Grill, and Odysea, as well as iPads in our Odysea Lounge for guests to use. I am sorry that the parking fees were more than you would have liked but we do offer convenient, covered parking at a rate comparable to other hotels and parking facilities in the downtown area. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I do hope you come back and visit us again soon.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Really like the facility, but we had one problem after another. Told that our room wasn't ready upon check-in, so we killed 2 hours waiting. Then we were told it had been a mistake...romm was ready after all. While waiting, we at at Vela. Beer was warm, soup was cold and service was slow. I can chalk that up to Christmas Day, but then it got worse. They forgot..somehow..to clean our room the next day, which we noticed at 4:30pm. Took 2 calls to Anota, the Mgr on Duty to get the room serviced by 7pm. I find busy signals and no response from Giest Services and Housekeeping to be unacceptable. As a Diamond+ HHonors member, this will not go unreported to either Hilton or the franchisee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay with us during the holidays. I am sincerely sorry about the issues that you experienced and that you were inconvenienced during your visit. At no point do we want any of our guests to feel uncomfortable or frustrated while at the property and we want to ensure that every guest is happy with their stay. I would love to speak with you further about your stay and see what we can do to rectify the situation. Can you please email me directly at katie.ellison@hilton.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed one night at Hilton San Diego Bayfront on a side trip to SD from LA. We got a fabulous rate-$105-so it would be hard NOT to be impressed. Our room was attractive, clean, service was fine. There is a Starbucks around the corner and a little sweets' shop with board games etc and outdoor tables where you can hang out. But this is a big box hotel for sure. It's there for conventions and business travelers. So while it's totally convenient via car to lots of stuff, it's not itself in an especially desirable area for tourists. I would not hesitate to stay here on business or for a brief trip to SD, but if this is your one and only time here you might want something more picturesque and beachy. That said, if this is where you end up, it's a fine place. The pool was under construction, but it sounds like it will be lovely when it's done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your candid review and for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to San Diego. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the rate you received and that you were impressed with your clean and comfortable guestroom. I am happy to know that you enjoyed all the amenities we offer our guests and that you found our location conveniently located next to the San Diego Convention Center, Petco Park, and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter with a variety of shops and restaurants. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I invite you back to visit us this Spring to see our fabulous new backyard…you won’t be disappointed. We look forward to your next visit.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was in Hotel for 4 days for my business trip. Service was good in this hotel. View from the room is nice. Please ask for Sea view room. The customer service was excellent, You can do late check out also. They provide shuttle for airport also. its a good advantage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay while here on business and that you loved the stunning views of the bay directly from your guestroom. I am delighted to know that the service you received throughout your stay was impeccable and that you appreciated the amenities we provide our guests. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to San Diego.
Robertson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for a conference and it is very convenient being adjacent to the convention centre. It is right on the harbour and the views are great. Rooms were spacious and confortable. Easy walking distance to the gaslight quarter, restaurants and shopping. staff friendly and helpful. it is not cheap but good for its purpose.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. I am glad to know that you found the property perfect for your needs during your conference and that you appreciated our location directly next to the San Diego Convention Center. I am delighted to know that you were comfortable throughout your stay and that you loved the beautiful views of the bay directly from your guestroom. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we see you again in the near future.

Been to Hilton San Diego Bayfront? Share your experiences!