I am a VERY frequent traveler and a diamond member with Hilton. With that said, I never write reviews of hotels, even the nicest ones. However, my experience at the Hilton Bayfront prompted me to write my very first... I decided to book this hotel with my girlfriend for our California vacation using my points. A snafu by the Diamond Desk (absolutely worthless service "reserved" for Diamond members) had us booked into the wrong hotel. When we arrived, we called the Diamond Desk to correct the situation, but were told that they could do nothing because the hotel was "sold out." Then I approached the front desk and spoke with Robert and Lorraine... They single-handedly restored my faith in customer service through the following:
1) Booked us into a room, then upgraded to a corner room with a view (even though it was "sold out" according to the Diamond Desk)
2) Made excellent recommendations for dinner, hang out spots, and activities
3) Got the rest of the front desk staff involved in making recommendations
4) Offered extra perks to make up for the short comings of the Diamond Desk staff
5) Continued to speak with us throughout our stay to make sure we were have a wonderful time
The hotel itself was beautiful and modern with fantastic views of the bay and downtown. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was robust and delicious. But it all boils down to SERVICE and Robert and Lorraine definitely made our stay special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step in. From the moment you arrive you instantly feel the difference. All of the vitalizing elements of the sea and sun are embraced on this spectacular waterfront setting. Rising 30 stories above San Diego Bay, the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel is a spirited blend of San Diego’s coastal influences, style, innovation and of course the unmistakable vibe. Steps from downtown’s Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, and PETCO Park, this beautiful hotel offers the amenities and lays the best of the city at your doorstep. Now guests have easy access from the hotel by way of the pedestrian bridge, directly to PETCO Park, downtown’s vibrant Gaslamp district, and up-in-coming East Village. Luxury and comfort have no boundaries here. Enjoy magnificent San Diego Bay and city views from our lobby, restaurants and guest rooms. Each one of the 1,190 spacious guest rooms including 30 suites at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront has a Bay view and features Hilton's Serenity Collection® bed and linens, the finest amenities such as Peter Thomas Roth® products, and the latest technology. And true to Hilton tradition, exceptional service comes as effortlessly here as the tides ebb and flow. For a San Diego business trip, family weekend, or a romantic getaway, Hilton San Diego Bayfront accommodations offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Amex, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton San Diego Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel San Diego
- Hilton Hotel San Diego