“Just wasn't my day...” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
“Just wasn't my day...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We always stop here on our fall trip to North Arkansas and enjoy the good food. We stopped today and encountered an extremely long line. It took us about 15 minutes to get to the front to place our orders. We waited for a bit for a table and had to clean it off ourselves, but that's okay. My husband's food was brought to him, but mine was misplaced or something. Then awhile later part of it was brought. The server looked at me like I was making it up when I said I still had a half sandwich coming. Believe me, I don't look like I exist on JUST a tiny cup of soup for lunch! Really? Bring me my food. So after my polygraph, I finally got my food, and it was good. But then when I finished and was getting up an exposed sharp nail or brad or something in the seat of my rather rustic chair tore my new wonderful Lands End pants and scratched the h@$! out of the back of my leg. Luckily, I recently had a tetanus booster. So while the food here is very good, my visit today was totally what I'd call snakebit, and now I need a new pair of black pants. Maybe Lands End will have a sale soon. If you eat here, check your chair for nails.

Kimberling City, Missouri
“Limited menu and poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you want to eat someplace with a very limited menu, poor service and high prices then this is the place for you. When you go in you get to stand in line to order (while in the way of everyone wanting to either get their drinks or "bus" their own dishes) and wait to order from a very limited menu of sandwiches and salads. I had one of the worst salads I've ever had in my life.....nothing on a grilled chicken salad except lettuce, chicken and feta cheese...for the outrageous price of $7.39. Then you get to try and find a table in a very crowded area (can't get thru between the tables) and sit at a table that hasn't been cleaned off from the last several people that ate there. Next time we'll go to Wendy's just up the street!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tomball, Texas
“Fresh Bread and Veggie Soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stopped here during a recent road trip to grab a good and quick meal. We got a warm welcome on a rainy Fall day and some of the best homemade and fresh breads, veggie soup - like stew, and sandwiches way above the mark of average! Cookies were not as good as expected. The place was cozy and clean and friendly and all the food was fresh! We will definitely stop again next trip through Harrison.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent place for lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our way to Branson, and we're so glad we did!The tomato basil soup was amazing - fresh, great texture, and plenty of fresh basil. The sandwiches (we had chipotle turkey and chicken salad) were great. We bought 2 cookies, which were also excellent. Service was quick and friendly, restrooms were spacious and clean, and the prices were more than reasonable. We will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Raymore, Missouri
“If you love bread you will love Neighbor's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Because of a referral from a worker at the Arkansas Visitors Center we stopped at Neighbor's Mill Bakery and Restaurant. What a delight this place is for carb addicts like us. If only we had more time, more money, and more appetite!!! They bake their own milled breads daily and the breads have no preservatives. A loaf of their bread weighs twice what a store-bought loaf weighs. They bake different flavors and types of breads each day of the week. The counter is filled with other bread products they bake: pies, sweet rolls, muffins, cheesecakes, cakes and cookies. And the cakes and cheesecakes are beautiful! They also have coffee, tea, etc., and they have a menu for other foods. Bakers are openly visible kneading the dough. The prices are very reasonable. Where else could you buy a large, heavy cookie for $1.33? The atmosphere is warm and friendly. I just wish there was one of these in Kansas City because I believe it would be a winner. Make this place a destination if you are in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Food