“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   924 S.W. Henderson, Topeka, KS 66615   |
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Topeka
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stopped here on our way to Colorado. We were very pleased with the room size, the refrigerator in the room & comfort of the beds. Nice outdoor pool/courtyard area & the hot breakfast was perfect. We arrived on a Sunday, so no managers reception to review. A small fitness room would be a nice addition, but overall we loved our stay. Very safe area near many restaurants. We ate at Freddy's across the street, and would recommend that as well.

Stayed June 2014
David J, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Robin W,

I just read your review on TripAdvisor and want to say thanks!

We appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff and the service and cleanliness that you experienced. We are most thankful for our guests and are glad that we were a nice respite for you on your travels.

On a personal note, I have to also agree with your comments about Freddy's and how good their food is.

Thanks again for the review but mostly thanks for the patronage and kind words.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My employees have been staying at this current location using a room at least five days every month since 2011. However, our company will never return to this location as they decided to change their rules in the middle of our stay after a reservation was made with all the situations of the stay explained. So they charged us double at checkout what was discussed, reserved, and paid in advance. A call to the General Manager who was short on phone and rude did not offer any solutions just that they were keeping our money unnecessarily.

Room Tip: Save your money and stay anywhere else that only charges you for what you get!
Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
David J, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Brent P,

I have just read your review on TripAdvisor and I'm sorry for the frustration you experienced with our property and in particular, the phone conversation that we had.

To clarify this situation, you had a room that was to be checked out at 9:00pm and you felt that we should not have charged you for the additional nights stay. We certainly want to honor any possible late check out requests that our guests have and in most instances do not charge for that request but we are unable to fulfill a 9:00pm request without a charge. We certainly appreciate the length of time that you and your company have been guests of our hotel, but we hope you understand our reasoning for this charge.

If you felt that I was short with you, I also apologize for that. I thought at the end of our conversation that you understood the reasons and felt that we had come to the same conclusion. I apologize for my confusion that this caused.

I do hope that you will reconsider your decision and continue to stay with us.

Amarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is located on restaurant/hotel row. Lots of eating options. The mall is just down the street. Our room was spacious, quiet, clean and the bed was comfortable. Fridge and microwave were a nice bonus. Our only complaint was the lack of an elevator. If mobility is not a problem for you, then this will make no difference. There was a nice hot breakfast buffet with eggs and sausage/bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fresh fruit, bread and juices. We also enjoyed the manager's happy hour with a free drink ticket for each night's stay. The fresh popcorn was yummy. The hotel buildings surround a gazebo and pool. Grills are available. Being close to I-70 made it easy to travel around town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
David J, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear amaslim,

As I read your review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Clubhouse Inn, I thought of you as a person we could hire as a marketing writer for our hotel. You covered so many of the amenities that we offer that we take for granted and the normal traveler doesn't think of such as the grills in the courtyard or the close proximity to restaurants or shopping.

Then you talk about our fresh hot breakfast buffet as well as the complimentary managers reception and that the rooms were clean and spacious.

I want to say thank you for the kind words and hope that if you come back to Topeka, we are your first choice.

olathe, ks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice fresh rooms that are HUGE. Awesome breakfast buffet that exceeds your typcal spread and served on china - no styrofoam plates. Nice evening reception. Love the courtyard area and that our room had a pation door that opened to connect to the courtyard. Miss these older style designed hotels. Newer hotels are all the standard cookie cutter style box style. This hotel had multiple entrances, clean parking lots and well landscaped areas.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear justsoccer,

All I say is thank you!!! I give you my thanks for understanding that not all hotels are meant to be created equal and we certainly fit that mold.

We certainly appreciate the wonderful review and thank you for the kind words. I'll share this with the staff and I'm quite sure they will be as pleased as I am with it.

I do hope your weekend was eventful from a soccer standpoint and if you come back to Topeka, you choose the Clubhouse Inn as your first choice.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The four of us stayed overnight while visiting family. Breakfast was worth the room rate. The hotel needs an update cosmetically but was clean and in good shape. Our room was located next to the elevator but not as noisy as I thought it would be. The pool was clean but the surroundings needed attention. Due to smoking laws the smokers do a number on this area. Pick up your butts! Hotel easy location off the interstate. Next door to Hooters if you like that place. Would stay again due to low cost and great service by staff.

• Stayed May 2014
David J, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Eric S,

Thank you for your recent review of my hotel, the Clubhouse Inn and Suites in Topeka, KS.

We do appreciate the positive comments about the hotel being clean and providing a great value for your travel dollar. It was very pleasing to hear that the breakfast was a special part of the stay as our kitchen staff work very hard to provide fresh and hot items for our guests to enjoy. Next to read was the part of your review about the great service provided by the staff. But the best part was your comment that you would stay again. That is all we can ever ask for.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again when you come to Topeka.

Hutchinson, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is 2-1/2 stars, but I would give them 5. All of the staff were great. Krystle, in particular was one of the nicest front desk staff I have encountered at a hotel. She accommodated our special request of an early check-in on a busy weekend, so my toddler could nap before a wedding. It was very much appreciated! The beds were comfortable and the rooms were nicely decorated and clean. The breakfast was good, but it was hard for the staff to keep the food bins full due to a full house. A short wait and we got everything we needed though. The Wi-Fi worked exceptionally well for a hotel, and I was pleased to have a refrigerator and microwave in our room. The only issue I had was running out of hot water as I was finishing a shower. At least it wasn't an abrupt end, and I quickly finished with warm water. This was a convenient location and a good value. This hotel and stay was FAR BETTER than the 3 start Ramada West we stayed in for the first few nights of our stay in Topeka! I wouldn't hesitate to come back or recommend to others.

Room Tip: I learned there is no elevator, so ask for a first floor room if this is an issue for you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
David J, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Tammi71,

All I can say is thank you for the wonderful review and especially your comments about Krystle. I will share your very kind words with her when she works on her next shift.

We do hope that should you come back to the Topeka that you look at the Clubhouse Inn as your first choice.

Thank you for the review but most of all, thank you for your patronage.

Manhattan, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property once before and this time I was much more pleased with the presentation. The room was nice, clean, comfortable, and in good condition. Breakfast was a large spread. Nothing gourmet, just your run of the mill midwest breakfast food. Not bad.

Sleep quality: my room faced the courtyard and it was very loud. After 11pm loud.

Wifi: I came here to work over the weekend. Around 9pm on Friday night the wifi died. The next morning it still wasn't working. I had to leave the comfort of my hotel to go to Starbucks to get wifi. When I returned it still wasn't working. I asked the front desk if it would be back up and was informed that it wouldn't be be fixed till Monday! There was no memo, no nothing to inform guests. Just no wifi connection.

Desk service was cold, just as it was the last time. This hotel has so much potential, but in the little things they fall short. The wifi was inexcusable, but it happens. But they could have at least informed guests.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
David J, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear nogetias1986,

I am writing in regards to your recent stay with us and your review on TripAdvisor.

I do wish to apologize for the issue that you experiences this past weekend with your stay. I am disappointed in the noise that you heard from the courtyard area especially after 11pm as I understand how frustrating that can be. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk should you experience any issues with exterior noise. We had some great guests stay with us this past weekend and I'm quite sure if we had been notified them of any noise issues they would have immediately responded.

In regards to the internet, we had a piece of equipment break on Friday. I personally spent about two hours moving equipment and cables n Saturday in an attempt to circumvent the issue but it was to no avail as the "gateway" was not responding. This is a necessary piece of equipment and could not be corrected over the weekend. We were advising everyone that we saw so that we were being pro-active. Should we have failed to communicate this, I apologize.

Thank you for your feedback as it is most necessary for us to improve our service to our guests.

I do hope that should your travels bring you back to Topeka, you will consider us again.

David Jones

Been to Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka? Share your experiences!