“Decent hotel, needs an elevator!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka to your Saves list
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
San Jose, California
“Decent hotel, needs an elevator!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in October. We were traveling on a long road trip and had several bags, plus clothing bags, ice chests.....just lots of stuff. I was shocked that they didn't have an elevator for the guests to use to get up to the second floor. This took us about 3-4 trips to get everything into the room, which was rather annoying, since all but one of the other hotels we stayed in on this trip did have elevators.
The first room they gave us had no micro-wave or refrigerator, which I had requested, but they did move us immediately to another 2nd floor room that did. All in all the stay was good, and the staff were very helpful. They do have a very good breakfast, and a large area for people to sit and eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

It was a really nice place to stay! The pet deposit was only $10 too!! The room was pretty good. It could use a little updating though. The service was great!! They gave use these tickets when we first arrived that we could use at there in house bar for free drinks! It closed at 7:00 pm though. The breakfast in the morning was really good, they had a lot and it was all fresh! They also had a military discount too, which was nice. The location would have been perfect (considering its right off the 70) if there wasnt any construction going on, so we had to drive all the way around to get there.

• Stayed August 2012
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here as part of a 6000 mile road trip. They do allow pets, which is great. There isn't a ton of grass for walking the dogs, but there are patches here and there. No elevator, which isn't huge since it is only 2 stories, but when we told them one of our dogs had a problem with stairs, they didn't make any effort to find us a first floor room. The parking lot was pretty empty so I doubt they were booked solid. Other than that, it was clean, the included breakfast was good and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I read many "Reviews" most of which were high on rating but my stay were anything but a great experience. Here are my views of this hotel and they are honest and accurate and my work is one of details and customer service.

The hotel staff was ok but I honestly believe they were part of a work program for the slightly challenged. Very slow and not much on actual concern for needs. Even appearance made me feel like they were low skilled workers. Got everything done just slow and unconcerned. Hotel was not dirty but hard items like A/C unit pieces on grounds, a carpet padding that had been removed stayed on the pool gazebo for three days and looked like hell, cheap plastic storage lockers were shattered around the complex usually at the entry doors. The cheap appearance was bad enough but there were old material lying on the ground like rain gutters and carpet pieces. Sounds like they may have been remolding? I asked and they were surprised that I would ask that as they had just remolded the year before.
I read positive feedback raving about the breakfast. It was very poor quality; eggs scrambled were left out for long periods of time. serving was honor system and people dropped serving utensils and placed them back into food, I had to clean my own table off, floor was dirty and not cleaned during meal time of 8 to 10, coffee was in a large container that ran out an hour before, and lastly there were not attendants so asking for things like clean tinsels etc was out. If you could find any staff except for the front desk and what appeared to be the senior maintenance man they did not speak English. Rooms were ok but needed updated even thou they had been remolded the year prior. Our room was a suite and I had to have the A/C unit replaced after not sleeping all night from the fan hitting the housing like a hammer hitting your car hood. !00 degree days and 90 degree nights so that was a bit of a problem they got it fixed at 4:00 the next day. If the carpet had been clean of stains and the room painted more modern bright colors and there were any light fixtures to compliment the floor lamp the rooms would have been fine.
In all I judged the facility based on what I usually stay in. I am not a high roller but the hotel had either large groups of kids who looked like they may have been team players or some type or people that I would rate as low income. Not to put anyone down but not a hotel with class of any kind. I usually stay in Holiday inn expresses or Marriott garden hotels and they are a huge step up but price wise almost the same. Stayed in Club House as no other rooms available for the wedding I attended. Will not ever stay in one again unless I am left without any other choices. Trust me

Room Tip: Dont stay here, many much better hotels within yards...prices are about the same but much higher sta...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
St Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The facility was fine and the location was good near the interstate. The problem was my credit card was billed for $82.02 but the statement I received from the hotel was only $59.49. I have contacted them several times and all they say is they are checking into it. After 5 weeks, enough is enough. Management has not taken the time to respond to my request.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

The front desk clerk was not very friendly (but he wasn't rude either). Otherwise, no complaints. Good value. God location at intersection of I 70 and I 435.

• Stayed June 2012
North Central Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

No problems. Clean, nice. Appreciated 2 queen beds plus queen sleeper sofa. Good breakfast. Value OK. No downsides. Didn't appreciate proximity to low-life entertainment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka? Share your experiences!