“First night of vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
indiana
“First night of vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Clean. Derek Watson and Shawn Meredith were so nice and helpful when I was checking in. I am technically challenged and they assisted me with getting my stay as an awards night. Then offered to help with our bags and gave us info on places to eat. The hotel was quiet and beds comfortable. Highly recommend

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear IndianaNurse10,
Thank you very much for the five star review! I have shared your comments with Derek and Shawn, and both were very pleased to read that their efforts did not go unnoticed. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Topeka, we will see you again.

Kind thanks,
John I.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Nearly everything was perfect to include, in recent memory, the most comfortable bed I've slept in. The ONLY minus I can suggest improvement is the exterior entrance area could use a little paint. (Really that is pretty weak complaint!?)

Based on google maps it was a bit of a maze to get to the hotel.

Restaurant options in walking distance is very limited for dinner. Morning breakfast is standard nothing surprising but on the plus side everything was at a good temperature.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Corey H,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Topeka, we will see you again.

Best regards,
Junction City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

As we were un-loading our car, an employee from the hotel came out to help us carry items inside. He, Derek, was helpful and a people person. We checked in with no problems, the area was very clean and modern. Went upstairs to our room, it was next to the elevator and I was a little worried about the noise from that, but never heard it at night. The room was great, clean, modern, just what we like. As we were leaving for dinner Derek recommended a nearby restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, and gave us a coupon for 10% off. Listen to Derek's recommendation. It was close by and excellent food.
the hotel is right off the interstate but could not hear it from our room. The bed was comfortable, and clean. The breakfast was outstanding, plenty of choices.
I can not say enough on how great Derek and all the employees at the Fairfield Inn in Topeka were. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and that's the only place we will stay when we come to Topeka.

Room Tip: From what I heard from the others staying there at breakfast the next morning, all the rooms were gr...
Dear Cat4massey,
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. I will share your comments with Derek, and I am sure he will be pleased to know his efforts did not go unnoticed. Once again, thank you for the great review of the Fairfield Inn Topeka, and thank you for staying with us.

Warm thanks,
Crete, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel for one night and we were all quite impressed. We just wanted a nice, basic place to stay overnight as we came in late and were leaving the next morning early. From the checkin process to housekeeping to the man staffing the breakfast bar, every employee seemed to go the extra mile to make our stay pleasant. The room was nice and clean, and the mattresses comfortable. Not sure what more we could have asked for. Would definitely recommend and would stay there again without hesitation. We've stayed at many hotels, and the fact that this one was a noticeably more pleasant experience says something.

Dear Docpheasant,
Thank you very much for the positive review. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the Fairfield Inn Topeka. We know you have plenty of hotels to choose from when staying in Topeka, and we sincerely appreciate that you stayed with us. Please come back soon.

Warm thanks,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were visiting a mysterious person in Topeka. A Hollywood celeb. We stayed here four days. We chose to stay here instead of her place. The bed was good, the early morning food was good, the room was warm and clean. It was close to the freeway. The price was right. I gave it four stars because I found nothing wrong with this hotel. See my Amazon kindle book "Hollywood Unposed."
Sleep tight my friends.

Room Tip: A ton of nice restaurants are close by. You name it they have it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Geethree W,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Topeka. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that the next time your travels bring you our way, we will see you again.

Kind thanks,
Omaha Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a great hotel - very reasonable and well kept. Not all rooms have a frig, but the service is really great. During the breakfast time the server there is very engaged with the people, helping to clean up and maintain the food items too. The spa and pool although small were very nice. Our room had really nice beds and a good TV. The only real negative was that we requested a wake up call and the front desk repeated it back to us, but it never rang in the morning. The hotel did add extra points onto Marriott Rewards which was nice, but had we not awakened in time, we would have missed a very important meeting. However, I would definitely stay here if in Topeka again.

Room Tip: all rooms seems to be good at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear TravelingREVMdM,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Topeka. Once again, I am so very sorry for the missed wake up call. Mistakes like this one do not go un-noticed and we have taken corrective measures to ensure this does not happen again. We sincereley appreciate you staying with us, and hope that if your travels ever bring you back through Topeka, we will see you again.

Take care,
Leavenworth, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my wife traveling to Colorado and I was impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. From the moment we checked in the staff was very courteous and helpful. Asked the front desk about what to do on a Sunday evening and they helped with options and directions. The location is also great since it is next to an abundance of restaurants, I-70 and Walmart for those last minute things. Inspecting the room I found it to be very clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the noise wasn't as bad as expected being so close to the highway. One thing that stuck out to me was the staff's attention to their guest. Every person we encountered to include cleaning and maintenance staff asked us how we were doing and if we needed anything. Some may not like the constant attention but I don't mind as it shows to me they care about their guest and their hotel. I will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Topeka? Share your experiences!