“Could have been Excellent except for one flaw” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Omaha Area
“Could have been Excellent except for one flaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a great hotel - very reasonable and well kept. Not all rooms have a frig, but the service is really great. During the breakfast time the server there is very engaged with the people, helping to clean up and maintain the food items too. The spa and pool although small were very nice. Our room had really nice beds and a good TV. The only real negative was that we requested a wake up call and the front desk repeated it back to us, but it never rang in the morning. The hotel did add extra points onto Marriott Rewards which was nice, but had we not awakened in time, we would have missed a very important meeting. However, I would definitely stay here if in Topeka again.

Room Tip: all rooms seems to be good at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear TravelingREVMdM,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Topeka. Once again, I am so very sorry for the missed wake up call. Mistakes like this one do not go un-noticed and we have taken corrective measures to ensure this does not happen again. We sincereley appreciate you staying with us, and hope that if your travels ever bring you back through Topeka, we will see you again.

Take care,
John I.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Leavenworth, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my wife traveling to Colorado and I was impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. From the moment we checked in the staff was very courteous and helpful. Asked the front desk about what to do on a Sunday evening and they helped with options and directions. The location is also great since it is next to an abundance of restaurants, I-70 and Walmart for those last minute things. Inspecting the room I found it to be very clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the noise wasn't as bad as expected being so close to the highway. One thing that stuck out to me was the staff's attention to their guest. Every person we encountered to include cleaning and maintenance staff asked us how we were doing and if we needed anything. Some may not like the constant attention but I don't mind as it shows to me they care about their guest and their hotel. I will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Overland Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The staff went above and beyond for every guests! They also always had a ready smile and willingness to serve. Most of the time before we could ask for assistance they were already asking how they could serve us. We will be back that's for sure!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Dpoore3,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Topeka. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you have a choice when deciding where to stay in Topeka, and we are very thankful that you stayed with us.

Kind thanks,
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were just passing through Kansas on our way to Washington. Great hotel. Very friendly staff...Mandi at the front desk when we checked in and Randy in the breakfast area offered us some bottled water. We were so appreciative of their hospitality. Clean room, comfortable bed, and nice hot tub to relax in after a long drive. Breakfast was great with scrambled eggs, sausage, and your typical other continental breakfast items. Definitely recommend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Jessie S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Topeka. The staff and I were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the next time your travels bring you through Topeka, we will see you again.

Thanks again,
Chihuahua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was my first time in Topeka. I tried to stay in the Hampton Inn across the highway but was packed. So we stay in the Fairfield. t was a good selection too. It was clean and comfortable. Maybe Little noisy, but no that bad. Breakfas had good selection of fruits and yougurts. The staff was very nice and always willing to help. For sure I would recommend it as a good stay while in the área.

Room Tip: The last floor!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Signore_Colomo,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed a clean and comfortable stay at the Fairfield Inn Topeka. Our goal is to impress all of our guests, and I'm glad to hear we achieved that. If you find yourself back in Topeka, please allow us another opportunity to host you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I recently had a 3 night stay at the Fairfield Inn Topeka and it was wonderful! The hotel was very clean, the free breakfast was delightful, and most of all, the staff was outstanding!!! They went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable in every way and were very personable. I would and will stay there anytime I need a room in Topeka.

Room Tip: I don't know if there's a fridge and microwave in every room, but if you need those amenitie...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Maryo662,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in our customer service, and without guests like yourself taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we would not know what areas we are excelling at, and what areas still need improvement. We hope the next time you are in Topeka, we will see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at the Fairfield. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a smaller Fairfield, but still very. The room was smaller than the one the night before, but still very nice. There wasn't any road noise which made it easy to fall asleep. Their full breakfast was very good.

If we have anything negative, it would be the smelly things in the front entry and in the elevator. My husband has asthma and is very allergic to these smells. The hotel is very clean and doesn't need these.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again. It is right across the street from a huge Wal Mart and has several restaurants very close.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Connie J,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the Fairfield Inn Topeka. We hope the next time your travels bring you through the area, we will see you again.

Kind thanks,
John I.

Been to Fairfield Inn Topeka? Share your experiences!