“Clean rooms and friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Topeka
Washington DC
“Clean rooms and friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was moving from DC to Colorado and stopped here on my last night. The staff was friendly and left a really nice note in my room as I am a Marriott rewards member. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

If you are traveling, it is a good location, right off of both I-70 and 75 Hwy. The breakfast was good, as it had many options!

Room Tip: I was far from the elevator and the room was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive review. We know you have a choice when booking a room in Topeka, Ks and we are pleased you decided to stay with us. With out guests like yourself taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing as a staff, we would never know what areas we are excelling at, and what areas need improvement, so we appreciate you completing the survey. Once again thank you for the review, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Topeka.

SIncereley,

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Was in town for short business trip. Great price, very comfy bed, clean, good breakfast. The Internet didn't go out as well. As I have experienced, sometimes the Internet just isn't fast, and connections can be spotty. Definitely suggest staying here if your travel takes you not Topeka.

Room Tip: My room was 2nd floor next to elevator, and I never heard it at all.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future, and thanks again for taking the time to review our property.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We've tried a few other hotels in the Topeka area over the past few years and this was by far our favorite! It was a wonderful experience and we will definitely stay here again. The staff were all very friendly & helpful and the room was extremely clean & comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast and appreciated that there were some healthier options too. I love that this is a smoke-free hotel as well. It was also located near lots of restaurants and shopping areas and was very easy to get to from the interstate/Wanamaker exit.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel is away from the Interstate. I can be a light sleeper and I actually slept ver...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to write a review of our facility. We are pleased to hear that out of all the hotels in Topeka, you prefer us. With out guests like yourself taking the time to let myself and my staff know how we are doing, and what areas we need to improve on, we can not continue to grow as a staff. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Ottawa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great location within mile of I-70 and block off 75 hwy. Close to mall shopping and within walking distance of restaurants. The employes were helpful and so friendly. Indoor pool was great plus the HOT whirlpool. Breakfast was one of the best we have had in a motel. Waffles, fruit, cereal, sweets and even light yogurt. Only con we saw was no fridge or microwave in room but no big deal to us. The beds were so nice. We will be back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincereley appreciate the positive feedback. We hope that the next time you are in Topeka, we will see you again.

John Ingebretsen
topeka, kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

From a facility perspective, this is a typical Fairfield Inn....clean and recently updated. However, I have found the service to be at the Ritz-Carlton level. The staff is VERY friendly and accommodating. In fact, there was a snowstorm and the GM and front desk manager actually cleaned off everyone's windshields early in the morning on a VERY cold and blustery day. That has never happened to me before. The only downside is there is no fitness center (you can use the Residence's Inn Fitness Center up the street - short walk or your key gets you into a "real" fitness center across town) and not every room has a refrigator/microwave - I think you have to request those in advance. But overall, a great choice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive review. We sincereley appreciate your business, and the kind words about myself and the staff.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel needs some soundproofing. The noise from the highway was very loud. The hotel was average at best. The breakfast bar was poor, not much choice. Pillows were lumpy. Towels were hard and scratchy. Would not stay here again. Staff not very inviting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We utilize all feedback, positive and negative alike, to improve all aspects of our facility and our customer service. I can completely understand your comments about the highway noise, as it is a consistant problem our guests face. I have printed off this review and as a staff we will discuss the lack of care you recieved, and go over it to ensure we do not make the same mistake twice. I sincerely apologize again as it is our job to ensure every guest has a great nights stay, and the staff is friendly and attentive to all guest needs. We obvioulsy droped the ball with this, and again I sincerely apologize.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Fairfield Inn & Suites in Topeka, KS was a good choice. After having stayed at a hotel in the same vacinity that wasn't so great a few months prior to this stay the Fairfield Inn was a breath of fresh air.

Clean, updated, healthy breakfast choices and good customer service is all I need when staying in a hotel, this hotel fit that bill.

Room Tip: "Homemade" oatmeal would be better and healthier than the prepackaged oatmeal for the brea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate all feedback, negative and positive a like. The staff and I were glad to see that you enjoyed your trip, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Been to Fairfield Inn Topeka? Share your experiences!