“Okay for a night of rest.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 31 hotels in Topeka
Howard, Kansas
“Okay for a night of rest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The staff was friendly and they had a good variety to pick from for breadfast. Bed comfy and there was a recliner in the room. I have been in some higher priced places with no where to sit except on bed or office chair. Adequate plug ins for laptop...one right by recliner and one at the desk. Bathroom exhaust is loud so you can't leave the bathroom light on at night. Overall it was a decent place to stay. Room was clean and carpet looked good. I didn't see anything wrong with our bathroom except small. Water pressure good in shower and bathroom was clean. (I always check corners, that tells me how good they clean). LOL

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is located close to the highway and is convenient to shopping and restaurants and other Topeka attractions. However the rooms are a bit run down. The halls all smell of smoke, even near the non smoking rooms. (The room did not smell smoky, however.) A continental breakfast is included with the room, but we came downstairs about 20 minutes before the end of the breakfast period, and they were already out of coffee, eggs, yogurt, and other basics. The bathroom's exhaust fan was extremely noisy, and the the lighting was a bit dim.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor - the first floor rooms are all right by the parking area, and if...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
dave s, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Quality Inn Hotel. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during this visit.
Again thank you for advising us of the unpleasant situtation that you encountered. As much as we strive to inform our guests of the smoking policy, sometimes we still discover that this happens. It is very rare that we find anyone smoking, as our fine is fairly steep for the consequences of this action. I apologize that this disturbed your stay, and thank you for bringing it to my attention. And I hope that you will consider to stay with us again . We would love to have you back.

Wiesbaden, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We enjoy 30-40 nights at Choice Hotels facilities each year. Our golden rule is that not all are created equal and we accept that going in. At this Topeka hotel, the TripAdvisor reviews gave us hope. We were quickly disappointed when we walked in, looked to the left and saw four tables in the breakfast area. That confirmed a previous reviewer's comment and by the morning, we struggled to find a place to sit (ie, we took it to our room on the third floor).

Our room was not a standard room---we had a "suite" with a queen, king, and sofa-bed. Not complaining, but.......no linen on the sofa-bed and none in any of the storage areas of the room. As I thought about walking down to get some, I opened the door and realized a collection of broken old furniture was littering the hallway. In the queen bed, a stain (I hope) of what looked like rust or spaghetti sauce was decorating a sheet. Not taking any chances, we just removed it.

Another reviewer mentioned a shortage of power outlets---absolutely true. I pulled back a nightstand to look for one and found a snack.....an un-eaten cracker (from a "cheese and crackers" vending machine snack). I had a bit of hunger, but not that desperate. I never found that power outlet and we resorted to the hair dryer outlet next to the sink.

I opted out of a shower in the morning. The cracks in the wall, the crack in the shower floor, and just dingy feeling made me feel cleaner without the experience.

One positive note--the carpeting appears to be new and is great shape. The paint seems new but covers serious wall imperfections. The furniture in this room seemed to be consistently patterned, while appearing to be a bit abused. The office chair was seriously frayed and while I joked with my daughter that it was nothing more than spiders crawling out of the fabric, it wasn't really funny.

Bottomline: stay at the Comfort Suites down the road--our previous night was spent there and it was absolutely comforting, with a higher level of Quality.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
dave s, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Both myself and the staff at the Quality Inn Topeka want you to know that we are very sorry your stay was not up to what you should expect at a Quality Inn. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your stay and we have corrected those items that you have identified. We are working with our staff to make sure every team member is properly trained in their positions and in communicating to our guests those amenities that are available at this hotel. Again, thank you for providing your input and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 785-273-6969 should you wish to talk to me further about your stay. I promise you up on your next visit you will not be disappointed.

Priya sandir
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I love this place, the staff treats you like family, its clean, free internet and a great breakfast. I will not be searching for another place in topeka, this is all you could hope for. Also I find this to be in a good safe and secure area with dining of fast food witin a mile.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and our property. We appreciate people like you that choose us as your ''home away from home.'' None of us can imagine what that would be like and we do our very best to make you feel comfortable each and every time. Thank you very much for your business, and we hope that if business brings you back to the area we will see you again. Thanks again and take care.

Priya and the Quality InnStaff
orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so when you are driving on your way back from Colorado and you are looking for a restful night, I recommend this hotel. We were coming through on a Sunday night and it was nice and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the lighting was perfect. After reading some of the other reviews, about the noise, I don't blame hotel owners for that. Its hard to control who comes in and when you are paying the cheaper prices you should expect the hotel to have thinner walls. If you want more luxury you have to pay tor it. When I pay under $60 for a hotel, all I expect is a clean room and hopefully a comfortable bed with air conditioning. This hotel went above my expectations and gave us a decent breakfast as well.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you! Thank you! We are so glad to hear that you had an amazing stay! We hope to see you the next time you are on a business trip and in Topeka. See you again soon!

Priya Sandir and Quality Inn staff
Mpls, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is an older motel but it was clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was large and smelled good. There were some carpet stains and the sheets had stains and a burn hole. There was 1 luggage rack and a long dresser for a 2nd suitcase. There was also an easy chair. The bed was comfortable and had lots of pillows. There was a flat screen tv and 60+ tv channels. The work table was large and had a comfortable desk chair, but there was a lack of electrical outlets to plug into. The bathroom was small - the door barely cleared the toilet. The shower looked scruffy and tub spout was poorly caulked. The caulk was holding the tub spout on. Breakfast had scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, hard boiled eggs, rolls, toast, juice, milk, coffee and fresh fruit. There was a very small eating area - we had to wait for a table. The lobby was packed with others waiting for a table.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy that your search is over!! Thank you so much for being loyal to us, and we thank you for your business. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to compliment our property. Our remodel is complete and I hope when you are passing through in the future you will come back and check it out. I will also let my housekeeping staff know to keep up the good work! More .
Priya Sandir
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

After many hours on trip advisor reading reviews i finally decided to book Quality Inn Hotel & I am so glad i did. My husband and i had wonderful stay,the staff are friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms a good size as are the bathrooms.I will be back every summer.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was good.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding your stay with the Quality inn Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and rated us high on value.Thanks again for your kind comments, and as always, we appreciate your business. Thank you

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!