“Initially hard to find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Topeka

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Topeka to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Topeka
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6021 S.W. Sixth Ave., Topeka, KS 66615 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Topeka
Cedar Hill, Texas
“Initially hard to find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Assuming you get to the hotel via the highway, you will exit at Wannamaker and you will see the hotel. However, it's not obvious how you get to it. The hotel has no signs. You will need to take the roundabout and exit toward the hotel. Then, you'll see a rock sign advertising the business complex adjacent to the hotel. There is a road on your left after that. Proceed down to the very end of the road and you can enter the hotel parking lot on the very back side. Then you have arrived.
The skillet breakfast at the hotel is very nice and we were able to get a skillet sandwich without an egg for my wife who doesn't like eggs but likes everything else on the sandwich. There are plenty of breakfast choices.
The weekend staff is very friendly and accomodating.
The Hyatt Place amenities are the same as others.
In this property, however, they do not have a thermostat to control the room temperature. You set it for either heat or cool and then the fan runs constantly - alternately heating or cooling. It would be a nice addition to put a simple thermostat on so that the fan can stop when the room temperature is where you want it to be.
Ice is only available on floors 3 and 5 - typical of a Hyatt Place.
The property is clean and well maintained and convenient to the highway, Topeka, etc.
There are many local restaurants within a short drive.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice maker.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Hyatt place Topeka is the best hotel in Topeka. Great staff,,great rooms and the food..... Wow it is awesome. I had a meeting in the meeting room and we ordered off the menu. My sandwich was great. I had to walk over to the kitchen and tell then cooks how good I thought it was.

I spent some time with the General Manager because he came right up to me to see how my stay was. He seemed generally concerned if I was happy. It was a nice touch.

If you travel to Topeka you should stay here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I usually don't write reviews but me and my family's experience was so great I just had to! It was my hubby's birthday weekend and we wanted to go to Topeka Ks but not have to deal with going home that night so we booked in advance!! It was me my husband and 4 children. From the moment we walked in the door it was so nice pleasant and the staff was so friendly and helpful and made sure we got a room wanted on the floor we wanted!! The room was nice and clean the only thing was the smell at first like onions but it wasn't so bad after. The room was spacious we had two double beds and a pull out queen sized couch. It was more than.eenough room for our 6 person family: ). Anywhere else we go we will be staying at a Hyatt hotel Oh and the kitchen was nice and the breakfast too!! The beds were so comfy as Well. What a nice pleasant stay

• Stayed December 2012
Aspen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stopped through on a road trip and this hotel was shockingly nice. We expected just your standard hotel but this had a really nice large room, outstanding hot breakfast all set up, and was very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

With my IATAN discount, we got a great rate at this great Hyatt! Everything was great. No complaints at all. The kids would have loved an indoor pool, but I understand this is more of a business hotel. Room was perfect, with a very comfortable king and a nice pullout for the kids. Also, breakfast is so much better than any "continental" breakfast at other hotels. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel is also at a perfect spot right off I-70. We highly recommend to anyone. We ll be staying here every trip we take out to Colorado!

• Stayed November 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

No extra pillows. Cable TV was fading in/out like there was a bad signal. No hot water at 7:30am. Disgusting breakfast was one of the worst "complementary" breakfasts I've ever had.

Front desk staff were friendly and nice. Rooms were clean.

However, this is little consolation for all the inadequacies on this stay.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I stay here only one night but it was very clean and pretty. The rooms were nice and the bathrooms have complimentary hygiene items. Not bad for the price and they have a BBQ restaurant, Quiznos, and a walmart right in front. They also offer free breakfast until 10am which it was good too.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hyatt Place Topeka? Share your experiences!