“Pet Friendly at a cost” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70

You added Super 8 Motel Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70 to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5968 SW 10th Avenue, I-70/470 Exit Wanamaker Rd, Topeka, KS 66604   |
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Glenside, Pennsylvania, United States
“Pet Friendly at a cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while traveling cross country with our dog. We were looking for an inexpensive place to crash that was pet friendly. Check in was quick and easy and we were placed in a room that was right near the back door, which was appreciated when we had to bring the dog out. However, the room itself was less than ideal. The bed only had two flat pillows and when my husband called for a second one for me, they delivered one with a random pink pillowcase. It was clear that the decor in the hotel had been updated with a modern looking bed and desk. However, the carpet definitely hadn't been replaced and was dingy with stains and spots of dust and pet hair. I'm usually fine wearing socks in hotel rooms but my husband and I both wore our shoes the entire time. There was also a giant, dirty recliner taking up half of the room. It had crumbs all over it and we absolutely wouldn't sit on it. I understand that this is a pet friendly room, but even as a dog owner I would never allow my home to reach that level of filth. Noise also travels freely through this hotel and even though there weren't many guests we were awoken several times throughout the night. I will say that the price was decent ($60 + $10 pet fee) and the location was good if you want to get right back on the highway in the morning. The bathroom was also very clean, which was appreciated. I just hope this hotel ups it's game with its pet friendly rooms.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Found this hotel on Expedia and they matched the price when I got there. The morning staff was very friendly and there is a breakfast. The location is right off the highway.
the staff is working really hardto make sure that every need was taken care of. The location has been newly remodeled and the rooms look very good.

• Stayed December 2014
WOODLAND PARK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

just stayed midnight to 9:30am for sleep. would have liked more choice for breakfast and better pastry.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, it was what you would expect from a Super 8. :) Good location on the west edge of town near shopping and restaurants and right by Gage Park--we took the opportunity to walk around Thanksgiving Day. Only $10 additional pet fee, so that was the lowest I've ever paid. The nighttime check in receptionist was excellent and explained all the hotel policies, parking, and pet info perfectly. The room was plenty clean though small with our dog kennel. There was a microwave and a really-mini fridge (don't try storing more than 1 box of leftovers!). Also, there were strangely only 2 pillows per bed, and both were the same uncomfortable squishy type. The hot breakfast was welcome and not bad. However we requested a late check out of noon ( hour after regular check out) and were told it would be an additional $10. First time I've ever been told there would be an extra charge for staying late!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Topeka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always stay here when we visit family in Topeka. The only thing I don't like is that if you call the motel and try to get the Wyndam online price, they don't let you do that. As long as we are members, I don't think that should make a difference. What if we didn't have internet and what would be the advantage of being a member?

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Motel Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70? Share your experiences!