“A happy experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Motel Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70 to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5968 SW 10th Avenue, I-70/470 Exit Wanamaker Rd, Topeka, KS 66604   |
Ranked #11 of 33 hotels in Topeka
North Kansas City, Missouri
“A happy experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The room was fantastic. Service is top notch.
The one thing I love the most about this motel is that it has an amazing breakfast. I have to say, I pig out on the tasty cinnamon rolls and freshly made waffles. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When I checked in, the counter attendant was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was standard Super 8 choices, set in a comfortable room with ample seating. The hotel seemed old but paint was all fresh inside and out. Room included micro and fridge, nice perk for a room of this price. There was also a washer and dryer set up for guests to use. Hotel is right off I-70, very convenient. My only complaint is that smoking rooms are right next to non smoking rooms, even right next to the laundry room. The hallways smelled of smoke as did my clean towels. When will hotel owners realize that smoking rooms stink up the entire facility.

Room Tip: Get a room as far from smoking rooms as possible.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Las Cruces
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A bad stay as other reviews, only two small to soft pillows per bed. musty smelling room. went to make coffee in the morning and found rotten milk where the water should have gone. lucky for me that I looked first. nasty. I told desk clerk who probably did not understand what I said about the coffee pot in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly front desk. Had forgotten to book non-smoking; late in the day so no queen rooms, but upgraded to king room for only $9 more. Excellent room; recent remodel. Exterior pleasant appearance, not fancy, but interior remodel very nice. Good continental breakfast. Booked another room for a week later.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They recently remodeled their motel and updated the rooms. While I have stayed there in the past and enjoyed my accommodations, things are very new and very nice. Right off Interstate 70 on the west side of town at the main shopping street with the town's largest mall, Walmart, and restaurants from Burger King to Olive Garden. WiFi worked well. Plenty of convenient electrical outlets for charging mobile devices. I will certainly come back there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I chose this motel, because of the reviews. I also liked the location and that they accepted pets.
This was rated at #10 on this site and I am shocked. There are a ton of new hotels around it. I am not sure how it was ranked so high.
It smelled like a dirty ashtray. The smoking rooms were right next to the nonsmoking rooms. Very weird. I needed a room for 5 and they put us in a double room. I asked if we could get a roll away and they said "Yes, for $10 charge. That was not a problem. The problem was that the roll away didn't fit in the room. The room was too small. The mattress and blanket had stains on them. It was really gross.
I can not comment on the breakfast, because we decided to get up early to get home.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Super 8 Motel Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70? Share your experiences!