“some things never change” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Topeka West

You added Motel 6 Topeka West to your Saves list
Motel 6 Topeka West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1224 Wanamaker Rd SW, I-70 at Exit 356/I-470 at Exit #1, Topeka, KS 66604   |
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Lawson, Missouri, United States
“some things never change”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

While we had to stay in Topeka for a few days, I do question the decision to stay at the Motel 6. The host hotel for our event was overbooked, so once again I went to old reliable Motel 6. We were in Topeka for a Dog show and there aren't many hotels that allow dogs, Motel 6 is one of them that does. I made an early reservation, requested first floor. We got there early and were given a third floor room, which smelled so bad we refused it. They changed us to another third floor room. There is no elevator. There was "nothing" available on the first or second floor. Since everywhere else was booked or did not allow dogs, we were stuck. The rooms are old, the beds are old, the furniture is worn and old. The maid service came and remade our beds every day but that was all. I took out our trash and went to the desk daily to get fresh towels, once having to take down the used ones. It was a bit expensive for a Motel 6. The grounds were burned dry due to the drought and there were weeds and stickers. This was the 3rd time we have used this motel and it just never gets better, just more expensive. While we were there some cars (not ours) were broken into and things were stolen. The police were also there for an altercation (again not us). I can say, never again to this Motel 6.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, there are no good rooms at this Motel 6.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chesterfield, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Older Motel 6, I actually stayed here the first time I drove to Colorado in 1992. Carpet is newer; otherwise not much has been done. The air conditioning worked great, TV had lots of channels, but you had to pay $3 for internet. Good location, close to lots of restaurants, you can walk to Arby’s, and there are many other eating places within 1 mile. Bathroom was very old, looked like the floor had been laid down multiple times, but lots of counter space at the sink. Beds were OK, nothing special. I asked for a quiet room, but they put me in a 3rd floor room facing Wanamaker, luckily the air conditioning drowned out the road noise. The stairwell near the office is falling down and roped off, the others were OK, but are deteriorating with lots of rust. You can’t beat the price at $31.99, and they only charged 7.8% for tax when it should have been close to 15%. Not really a family motel, but I would probably stay here again if I was in Topeka or passing through. Price and location were very good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Barnesville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

pros;
nice front desk staff
room was clean

cons:
kind of pricey for a motel 6 and for what you get.
having to pay 3 dollars for internet

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa,OK.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed in!
The 1st room we were in had Hot Air conditioning, We changed rooms to one with cold air but the Toilet seat was broke and it wouldnt flush.
Maintenace came two days later and still did not fix it, The bath tub and toilet was never cleaned and My wifes Medication was stolen from the room when we were gone. Manager was no help at all.

Motel 6 Does not need to leave the light on for us because we will never be back.

Stayed August 2006

Been to Motel 6 Topeka West? Share your experiences!