“Keep on drivin'.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Holyoke, Colorado
“Keep on drivin'.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Well, if Lilli2006s statement that the clerk told her is accurate, DON'T stay in room 113. It had bed bugs. This room is a corner room on the ground level next to the pool. Yes, it was a cheap room. It had linoleum floors as some one mentioned, and had been a smoking room since the sink had cig burns on the counter top. Back to the bed bugs. I used my 40 power monocular to ID the buggers! Yes, they were bed bugs!!! I found a live one under the pillow and another one on the sheet. Both of these were engorged with blood. I found a couple of blood smears on the sheet from those that were smashed. And two dried carcasses stuck to the bed spread. I used my first aid tape to collect them and gave them to the morning clerk when we checked out. She didn't seem at all concerned. I told her to give them to the manager when he got to work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without bed bugs!! Also check the windows to make sure that they are latched. Ours...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hannibal, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I travel to Topeka every year for the Kansas Silent Film Festival and we stay at a different hotel across the street. We arrived a day early due to a severe winter storm coming through, and we stayed at this Motel 6.

The room was very cold because cold air was coming in around the door frame, the bed was totally uncomfortable, and the shower was not very hot!!!

We are now in the hotel where we usually go, and we will certainly REMAIN!!

Room Tip: Please avoid!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This has been the absolute worst experience we have ever had!!! We had bed bugs crawling on us! My three yr old was terrified! They wanted to switch us rooms, I said no way we are out of here! There were two other couples checking in and I warned them. The employee justifies it by saying they only have bed bugs in SOME rooms!! Are you kidding me? Corporate did nothing for us either. Never again

• Stayed December 2012
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place is awful. My mom booked it for me for a road trip because they allowed pets and was on the way. I thought $37 was a great price. I checked in very very late, and asked for a ground floor room.

The room I got SAID non smoking but it reeked like a room that was just smoked in and not cleaned. Curtains, bed, walls, floor it all reeked. WTH

Thank god for a shower and clean towels, that's about all we appreciated.

The bed was barely off the floor and totally uncomfortable. Like lying on hard springs with no cushion whatsoever.

The thermostat DID NOT WORK and it was ice cold in there, we had to huddle together to keep warm.

The next day we both felt terrible and had sore and scratchy throats from all the cigarette residue.

This has put me off from EVER EVER trusting a Motel 6 again.

The price is JUST NOT WORTH IT. I would happily pay $60 to stay in a warm clean smelling place with a bed that wasn't torturous.

There was also a creepy car driving in circles around the place at night. Not sure if he was there waiting for a "transaction". Seedy seedy place. Don't go.

Room Tip: Ground floor is icecold! don't do it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

What a mistake this place was. The room smelled of Lysol and the mattresses were the worst I have ever slept on, must have been 30 years old. The bedspread was ugly and old. The floor had this linoleum that was made to look like a hardwood floor, never seen such a thing in a motel. The walls are paper thin, one side was a crying baby, the other side were people slamming doors. I saw six men going into a second floor room with multiple cases of beer.
The morning couldn't come fast enough for me to get out. Definitely would not recommend.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The first room they gave me was so cold and noisy from the traffic on Fairlawn Rd. I tried turning some heat on but it was blowing cold air. I called the front desk to switch to a room towards the backside of the motel and they gave me a space heater to use. After packing everything up and moving to the new room, I realized that the two locks on the door were broken. There was no way to lock the door. I called the front desk and asked for a refund very nicely. When I checked out, the man gave me my money and did not even speak to me. He acted upset with ME. He offered no apology or anything. This place is not nice at all. It is old and the rates should be lower for what they have. The rooms have just the bare necessities as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chanute, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I recently stayed at this motel after having problems with the other Motel 6 in town. I travel for work and wanted an inexpensive place to stay. I checked in about 2am after working a 14 hour day. I slept for a short time and then was awakened to the telephone in the room ringing. I called the front desk to see what was going on. They informed me that they were having problems with the phone in that room and asked my name. When I gave them my name they told me that I was not checked into the room and should not be there. I then got up and went downstairs to resolve that problem. They had not checked me in correctly. So after fixing that I went back up to go back to sleep. The phone just kept ringing. Again I contacted the front desk. Their response was just to disconnect the phone. I called their corporate number to discuss this after my stay. I worked in Topeka again last night and went back to this Motel 6 to get a room and was told that I am not allowed to rent a room with them anymore. I guess that if you have any complaints their solution is just to ban you from the motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Topeka Northwest? Share your experiences!