“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Topeka

You added Hotel Topeka to your Saves list
Hotel Topeka
2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   1518 SW Wanamaker Rd., Topeka, KS 66002 (Formerly AmericInn Topeka)   |
Denver, Colorado
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was a very clean, nicely decorated place to stay for the money. The staff was the MOST friendly and helpful of all the places we stayed all week. There were a couple of little things (like the TV requiring the light switch to be on because the socket was wired to the light switch), but they were very minor, and the staff solved them very quickly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Elgin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel provides excellent customer service!!!! Donna and Tara and Todd are all so awesome they truely put their all into this hotel, the whole staff does. It's clean and my room always smells fresh!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Leawood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel smelled of mold and so did my room. I wasn't sure the sheets were clean and the housekeeping staff left no towels, shampoo, soap etc, in the room. The housekeeping staff left the window open (behind closed drapes) in my first floor room. I did not realize this until I came back late that evening. Fortunately my belongings including computer and jewelry were still there. This could have been a huge security risk for a single woman returning to her room! When I arrived at breakfast, the coffee was out, the orange juice was out, there were hardly any eggs left, all tables were dirty and there was a big sticky puddle on the floor. It took over an hour for the attendants to refill the orange juice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hotel Topeka, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Laurian L,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the negative experience you had. I have shared your review with my housekeeping and breakfast staff to ensure what you described doesn't happen again. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and it is obvious that we came up short during your stay. Please allow us another opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to Topeka.

Donna C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There were a few maintenance things that needed attention, like edges of wallpaper starting to peel in the bathroom and the plaster needing repair over the shower. These were minor things. The front desk staff was amazing! They were friendly and helpful. It sounded like the people above us were re-enacting the entire NBA game aired earlier that night and finally at 11:45 I called the front desk and the girl said she would take care of it immediately and she certainly did. Clean, comfy, and friendly. I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014
shelby, ia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

After reading the reviews, I was nervous. Quite frankly, I believe that some of the reviews are fictitious to raise the ranking.

I am currently relaxing in my the bed at this property. I wanted to get this review in before all the negatives reviews from this date start hitting tripadvisor.com.

My daughter and I were booked here for a cheerleading competition in the area. I booked thru the hotel website, my daughter booked and prepaid on hotels.com. I came down to Topeka earlier than my daughter, granddaughter and my daughter's friend. Between us we had 3 rooms booked. When I arrived at around 1:30, check in was experiencing some problems downloading reservations from their system and also from hotels.com, expedia etc.. I called my daughter and her friend and got the information this hotel need to verify reservations and hold rooms for them. Unfortunately, other people were not so lucky. People started arriving and they had no rooms for them. Expedia kept booking rooms for this property when there was none available. There was some very irate and nasty people and unfortunately they were taking their frustrations out on the front desk staff. These ladies are what customer service people should be. They were pleasant and went out of their way to either accommodate people or find accommodations for them. Congratulations AmericInn for hiring awesome people. Hence the 4 ranking. The date of this stay was April 12, 2014.

For a quick budget stay, this property fits the bill. The rooms are clean, with frig, microwave, iron and coffeepot. In the bathroom, the toilet looks like the porcelain had been rubbed off from frequent cleaning but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The shower curtain needed a good scrub. The only negative is the nasty stained footstool in my room. It needs a good scrub or just removed from the room.

It is right off I-470 but is a little hard to find. Next door to the Days Inn. Convenient to several restaurants and fast food establishments.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sioux Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very good handicapped accessible room with roll in shower. Room had enough space for wheelchair to move around in and bathroom was very well laid out. Staff was happy to show how to operate the power lift for the pool. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Topeka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Warm greeting by Tara who made sure to accommodate our needs and quickly and responded to any questions or requests we had. ONLY downside - my pillow wasn't as soft as I'd like, but I can certainly deal with that!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Been to Hotel Topeka? Share your experiences!