“Very Friendly and Helpful Staff~ Large clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Topeka

You added Econo Lodge Topeka to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Topeka
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1518 SW Wanamaker Rd., Topeka, KS 66604 (Formerly Hotel Topeka)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Plainville, Kansas
“Very Friendly and Helpful Staff~ Large clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our stay was outstanding! Our room was large and clean. The bed was sooo soft. We were

celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary and was able to have the family gather in the

breakfast/lobby area for our party. Thank you Toby for the extra help to achieve this great event.

We love the location and will be back for another great stay. Nancy D.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, above the stairs to the lobby.. That was a wonderful room to run...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Located off two highways... The staff was very helpful and kind to my dogs... Very dog friendly. The bathroom is a little tight but overall the guest rooms are wonderful. Flat screens and plenty of room.

Room Tip: Located near malls and restaurants
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Payson, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was very clean. The beds were comfortable. This hotel was easy to find it was just off interstate 70. It was affordable. The staff was helpful.. I would recommend this hotel for a nights stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sedalia, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We chose this motel because they offered a suite for a very reasonable price, as well as a breakfast bar that had items my diabetic husband could eat. We were travelling with my infant granddaughter, and the suite was just the ticket--enough room for her to play and clean enough to let her crawl on the floor. My grandaughter had a bad head cold that particular evening, so I ended up sleeping propped up on the couch holding her so she could breathe easier. The couch was very comfortable and we were very happy it was there!! The breakfast selections were good-much better than most places, whose selections usually run to pastries and juices, neither of which my husband can have. I ended up in the lobby/dining area very early the next morning (my granddaughter woke early and everyone else was still sleeping), and the young man who was setting up the breakfast area apologized for not having everything ready yet, even though it was 20 minutes before it was supposed to be open. We will defintely be staying there again next time we go to Topeka.

Room Tip: We were on the upper floor and there was no problem with noise or hearing people in the hallway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was apprehensive, reserving with a chain I'd never heard of. But the overall experience was very good. I would return.

PROS: Your typical one-night stay in a comfy, safe motel. A nice place to chill after a long drive, with a cool plasma screen TV. Morning receptionist was pleasant and personable.

Plenty of restaurants nearby.

CONS: The carpet was treated with a way-too-strong odor. And my bathroom towel (and bed linen) smelled like nicotine -- like it had been mixed with the non-smoking laundry. (I have no idea if I was right, or if there is smoking).

I could not find the motel -- Google Maps messed up on one turn.

NEVERTHELESS: If I hadn't already reserved a motel in the next city, I would've checked into another Americinn. Will definitely add this to my list of chain hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Salina, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very nice place to stay and great value, I travel for business and always look for a nice clean place to stay that doesn't break my travel budget and this is the place in Topeka. The staff is always nice to work with and very helpful. I see some comments on here about breakfast and yes its not IHOP but it is a good quick breakfast and its more than enough for the value. I always find it clean and comfortable!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

we stayed here in late June, we are a family of 4. I usually like Americinn. This particlular Americinn was very small. Bathroom was not very clean. I would choose another hotel. The Carpet was newer but that was it for updates. Did not stay for breakfast so can't comment on that. The pool heater was broken, so even though it was 95 degrees outside, the indoor pool was cold.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family