“Good value, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Lincoln
“Good value, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I made my reservation well in advance because of the convenient location to the Kansas Expocentre (straight up Topeka Ave. to the north, less than 5 minutes). I told the desk clerk I was bringing a dog. She said she would be sure to get us on the ground floor. Check in was smooth and I did get a room on the ground floor with a micro and fridge. The room was clean, furniture an interesting style, but appeared fairly new. I got a good night's sleep all 4 nights. Good grassy area to walk your dog. A number of restaurants are easily found and not far from the motel. For a 2 star hotel, not bad at all. I'll go back every time I show my dog at the Exprocentre.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We booked this room over the phone after speaking to numerous other local hotels and finding most were booked. We were told by the person on the phone that this facility had won multiple awards and when we arrived they were on the wall behind the counter. After paying tax and a small dog fee our room was $88 which was way over priced. All rooms are outside access and the decor is from the 70's. My mattress slanted to the side, it was if someone had sat on its edge and indented it in. The tub in the bathroom had paint stains in it, as if someone had cleaned their painting tools...which is a possibility considering all of the contruction workers staying here. They all had their doors open standing and were standing outside smoking when we walked up. There are water stains on the ceiling tiles, the curtains are falling down, basically very rough around the edges. Nice plasma t.v. tough. The young woman working the counter was exceptionally nice and helpful but the rest of the place gave me the creeps. I've paid this price tostay at a Disney hotel so I am dissapointed. Headed west now and away from this experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I had booked a room for one night at the Econo Lodge basing my decision on cost, photos, and reviews. However, once we arrived at the hotel, we found out what it was really like. The rooms all open to the outside and the "indoor pool" is located in a completely different building. The outside of the hotel was not clean and the breakfast area was tiny. We didn't even end up staying at the hotel that night because they gave us a key to a room that was already occupied. There are much better hotels in Topeka for about the same cost.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cimarron, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

They bend over and beyond to help any way thay can. They always have the rooms that we need for are large group every year and if we need more rooms they seem to get them for us.

• Stayed March 2011
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I was very skeptical about this place until I got there and saw the room. I must say I was quite surprised at the condition of the room It was better than I expected and really clean and comfortable. I was not really happy at first because the first room I looked at was ok but not really to my likeing, I asked for another room and without hesitation, I was very impressed with how the gentleman handle everything and was so courteous and kind. I don't remember his name but thanks so much for all your help and I would recommend my family and friends to stay there if they are in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

After having gone to a couple of the hotels on Wanamaker, I thought I would try this one for a change. First, I immediately realized that this place is closer to the Expo Center. It's just down the road, so directions are literally straightforward. Another pleasant experience was the service. The front-desk clerk was very informative about surrounding attractions and helped with other directions. Lastly, even though rooms are of decent size (could be bigger) the beds were incredible.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

My hubby and our 15 lb dog stayed here on July 9th, 2010 while en route to Iowa from Texas. It was 1:30 a.m. and we wanted an inexpensive, but clean place to sleep for a few hours.

I would not have chosen this motel if we planned on staying any longer than we did. I agree with the other reviewers, the staff was very friendly, even at 1:30 a.m. The room was a bit dingy, but clean, which is the most important to me. Our dog could not stop sniffing the comforter (gross), but I'm sure it was no more dirty than other motels/hotels.

The breakfast selection was nice. Cereal, fresh fruit, bread for toast, pastries, sausage biscuits, waffles, etc... It was more than I expected. Overall, I tend to be picky about where we stay, but in this case we knew we'd be there less than 6 hours. I'd stay again in the same situation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!