“Nice Stopping Point” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice Stopping Point”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our stopping point between St. Louis and Colorado. It had everything we needed for a one-night stay before we got back on the road. The room was big and gave enough room for our toddler to run and run before being stuck in the car for several more hours the next day. It was also nice to have the mini-fridge for bottles of water. The only drawback was the very small breakfast room. We just happened to come in right before a very "large" family who didn't care that we were already in line waiting for breakfast, and they butted in and just helped themselves. So, we took our food back to our room!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
raj32250, Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 785-228-2223.

BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hannibal, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I are part of the Kansas Silent Film Festival and we stay here each year. Due to a pending snowstorm in the Midwest this year, we arrived a day early and stayed at a different motel for the first night, receiving sub-standard service. When we were able to check in to the Best Western the following day, the "red carpet" was rolled out for us, as it has always been in previous years.

Raj Gupta is the best hospitality services manager anyone could ever meet and certainly is a role model for any other in this line of service!!! He never fails to come through and he has a genuine interest in coming to know his guests personally!

Whether you're traveling TO or THROUGH Topeka, if you wish to feel like you're in a home away from home, this is the place to put your feet up!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
raj32250, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Overland Park, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Raj Gupta and his family have always been generous to the Kansas Silent Film Festival, and this year was no exception. In trying to beat a snow storm, we arrived a day early and still were placed in our rooms for the duration of the festival. The friendly staff even went so far as to recommend places for all of us snowbound filmgoers to order our meals delivered to the hotel. They also opened the breakfast area to allow us a place to gather and eat other meals together. Some of the sleeping rooms have been renovated, and the front lobby has been upgraded as well. The biggest addition for me is the business center, with two computers always available for the traveler who doesn't carry his/her own laptop.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, as I did, choose a first floor room. If you'd prefer a quieter ro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Came through town with no plans on where to stay. Facility was nice and affordable but as stated in a previous review the staff were above and beyond what I could have expected. The manager really went out of his way to make sure my stay was comfortable and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great, affordable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Glendale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been staying here for the last few years for the Kansas Silent Film Fest. Raj Gupta and his crew have been constantly the best.Taking great care of all of us who stay here. I look foward to each year staying here. The breakfast is very good and the place comfortable and clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here while a family member was having surgery at the nearby hospital and it was very convenient. The hotel offers a discounted rate for family of Hospital patients.The room was quiet, comfortable. The staff were courteous and helpful. The breakfast is really good. I recommend strongly this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Americus, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights for medical reasons for my mom. The staff was very caring and compassionate. They went out of their way to see if we needed anything at all. They asked about mom daily and you could tell they really cared. Check in was a breeze. When we added more days to our stay, they fixed our key in less than a minute. I loved the beds as I like firm beds, but that is my personal preference. I cannot sleep on a soft mattress so kudos for the firm mattress. Our rooms were clean upon arrival, cleaned daily and everything put in order. The rooms had obviously been redone recently with pleasing decor and colors. The breakfast was great (although mom didn't get to eat it). I love the waffles and fresh fruit. If I ever need to stay in Topeka again, this is my place of choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!