“Room doesn't match picture” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Monett, Missouri
“Room doesn't match picture”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Do yourself a favor and check the room before you settle in. The file of pictures available on Best Western's website for this hotel would almost make you think they're from another location. The couch and desk chair had stains on them, there was food stuck to the TV station card, and the room just kind of gave me the willies. I'm glad I packed my slippers. There may be other/better rooms on the property, so give them a look first.

Room Tip: Get a key, check the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
raj32250, Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 785-228-2223.

BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Overland, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was a great stay at Best western Topeka, the general manager Mr Raj was very good at check in and whole staff was very kind and helpful. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives. Beds, swimming pool , break fast, wireless internet, workout room, all were awesome.
finally it was a pleasure stay at Best western Topeka.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
raj32250, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 785-228-2223.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was coming from denver, I am going to chicago was tired and stayed in topeka. It was pleasure stay at Best western topeka. Very kind staff everyone smiling happy, I will come back on my way made a reservation already with staff, pool was awsome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
raj32250, Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2012

Maize, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

this is the worst hotel ive ever been in.
hotel hallways had fans blowing...hallway smelled out chemicals. swimming pool and hot tub had so much chemicals in it my eyes were burning all night. our room smelled. continental breakfast....ha! cereal and milk. way over priced! i could have stayed in a 3 to 4 start hotel for the price i paid here. bottom line..not worth the money...dirty hotel..rude customer service

Room Tip: you might need a suite here to get a good experience
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
raj32250, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Candice,

Garden City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This room is stinky! One bed is very soft almost to the point of falling off if you sit on the edge and the other seems as hard as a rock. There is a Glade plug in in the outlet that looks as if it has NEVER been cleaned! The Cox channel guide felt dirty. The towels in the pool didn't smell clean or like there was any soap used when they washed them. The hot tub water did not smell clean or sanitized. Had this room not been non-refundable we would have left! We booked through Best Western 800 number and I am not impressed with this hotel at all. No elevator, went to the pool walked back up the stairs with my overnight bag and had to go back to the desk to have them fix my key. My family was still at the pool and when they got back their key did not work, luckily I was in the room to let them in.
NEVER would stay here again!!!

Room Tip: No elevator so if you can not do stairs I wouldn't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dawn,

Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

If the room I got was a regular queen, then I gotta see the suites. The room was spacious with a microwave fridge, coffee maker with clean and fresh linen. Good breakfast.The only problem was water pressure caused by everyone taking a shower at once in the morning. Need to let travelers on the highway know BW is there.

Room Tip: Make sure you take advantage of all the discounts provided by BW:)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
raj32250, Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Wanted a nice place which would take our dog. Our room was clean, bed very comfortable and plenty of space in the room. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. There was no where next door to eat but we found a nice place only a couple of miles away still open (we were travelling on a Sunday). There is not an elevator although that was not a problem for us. Location is convenient to the interstate without being on top of it so very quiet. Will definitely stay there again on our next trips back to Colorado.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor if you don't to use the stairs
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!