“Absolutely loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Woodward Inns on Fillmore

The Woodward Inns on Fillmore
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Topeka
The Woodward Inns on Fillmore
You added The Woodward Inns on Fillmore to your Saves list
1272 S.W. Fillmore, Topeka, KS 66604   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Topeka B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Absolutely loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

On our way to take our daughter to college, we decided we wanted one night somewhere other then the same old boring chain hotel. Searching on TripAdvisor I found The Woodward Inns, and Elizabeth. Now if you're looking for 5 star off-the-chart ritz this isn't for you. If you looking for unique, historical, warm, welcoming and an excellent night's sleep, than this is the place for you. When you call to make the reservation with Elizabeth, let her know who's traveling and the occassion and what you're looking for. She has several properties from victorian style to very modern. All reservations include evening dessert and a homemade breakfast. Our breakfast was french toast made from croissants with the most delicious glazed white peaches, yum!! Due to the very hot weather, the gardens are a little overgrown if you venture out to the pool, but the kids still enjoyed it immensely. Elizabeth makes sure you feel as comfortable as if you were in your own home. My husband and I stayed in the Chester Suite, so we could relax in the private hottub. It also has a full bathroom. The girls stayed in the Chisholm across the hall. They had a private toilet and sink, but the tub is in the main bedroom, so if you want privacy to bathe don't pick the Chisholm or the Sisters. But the tubs in those two are huge jetted, clawfoot tubs, so they're wonderful. It is in a not great area of town, but once checked in you'll feel fine with the security. We are definitely looking forward to trying other rooms on future visits back and forth to college for the next four years. Thanks Elizabeth!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Junction City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The way Elizabeth (inn keeper/owner) greeted us gave us that home feel yet away feeling w/all the different rm in the house was great.

I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS IN TOPEKA.

I enjoy the Frankness of Elizabeth and the warmth of her as a person. One can tell she takes PRIDE IN what she does this isn't just a business to her. We stayed for a B-day surprise and she was more then helpful and warm.
She makes a Mean Breakfast!!!!!! Gives ya your space and you never know she is there. Very accommodating.

Each room has it's own COZY feel,make you never wanna leave; you are "home away from home". The grounds are the perfect of imperfections which make them just perfect for the era it was built in.
We stay in the Chester Suite @ The Woodward which has it's own rooftop hot tub....YUM YUM very quiet and enjoyable.
Caribbean style pool is 80 degrees year round which you can't beat w/a stick. I believe there are 5homes that are Bed n Breakfast and they all have different title rooms which are hard to choose from.
The Blue Glass she has is amazing as well as Polish Pottery. Bought my 1st piece from her an look forward to buying another when I return.

There is an olde Prairie town right down the road to visit and they have root beer floats and brown bread ice cream n lets not forget candy from childhood.
We had dinner at Paisano's Ristorante be ready to take food back w/you and they make a mean drink as well.

BTW-Don't let the neighborhood fool you at the end of that "Yellow Brick Road" Is The Woodward a Magical Place (day/nite)! Enjoy

Elizabeth You are a Blessed Lady w/a Wonderful Spirit.
Thanks Much
Kirema Davis
Thor King

Room Tip: The Woodward If you like Cozy "Chester room" Girly "Sisters room" King "...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed at the Woodward on our wedding night, and it was simply amazing! The mansion is gorgeous, and our room was beautiful. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the pool and hot tub are awesome! The owner, Elizabeth, was very kind and accommodating. Her breakfast was delicious!! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

The purpose of my stay in Topeka was to visit the Kansas State Historical Library for geneology research. How lucky for me that I chose to spend the night at the Woodward Max. The proprietress, Elizabeth, was SUPER accomodating and knew exactly how to meet our needs. I was traveling with my mom and we were joined by an old friend whom I hadn't seen in about 10 years. Both of these women suffered the death of a close relative recently and this overnight stay was perfect therapy. Our rooms were plush and comfortable - the shower was magnificent! I have to commend Elizabeth for her willingness to chat and be engagingly entertaining to perfect strangers. The whole experience built a relationship rather than a simple transaction. Dessert was delightful and breakfast yummy (great scones!). Be sure to tell Elizabeth about your plans and preferences, and don't be afraid to let her select your rooms - you will be more than happy. Be prepared to settle in and relax!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Smithfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

If you like a B & B experience, are tired of chain hotels or just want something different, this is the place. The Woodward Inn is a restored 1020's era mansion. Rooms are comfortable, nicely decorated with comfort in mind. The owner, Elizabeth, is helpful, social and very accommodating. If you are looking for "cookie cutter" you will not like this place. However, if you want personal attention, a sense of history and a place that feels like home, then this is for you. The locatiuon is near downtown topeka, so is a little far from the chain restaurants, but then there are other options for local dining, etc. nearby. Is everything perfect? No, but then neither is my house or any hotel I have visited. I will come here anytime I visit Topeka for business as the rates compare with the chains and the value is so much more. You can get a massage, take tango lessons or hide in your room. I had the best night's sleep ever other than at home, and I never sleep when I travel. Kudos to Elizabeth for saving a neighborhood and providing such a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Woodward Max (part of a group of several B&Bs) in Topeka, KS. The very reasonable price for the stay included a large suite, a full breakfast every morning, a dessert at night, a garden pool, and a hotub.

The owner, Elizabeth is very friendly, and more than accomodating. It genuinely seemed like she wanted her guests to have a great time while staying there. I can't think of anything we wished we had that wasn't available.

If I'm ever looking for another weekend trip, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

I can't tell you how incredible our experience was at The Woodward. My husband and I were married there just last week and can't stop talking about how we couldn't have selected a better venue for our wedding and honeymoon night. Elizabeth is an absolute doll and gave us 110%, catering to our every need and then some and leaving no detail uncovered. The beautiful, romantic atmosphere, the amazing Chester Suite, the deliciously decadent food and the amazing hospitality provided by Elizabeth will all be forever etched in our memories of our wonderful wedding at The Woodward

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Woodward Inns on Fillmore? Share your experiences!