“family and allergy-free friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lenexa, Kansas
“family and allergy-free friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Not only a GREAT place to eat but incredibly family and allergy-free friendly. We recently dined there with nearly 20 persons in our group, grandparents, aunts, uncles, kids, and had a wonderful time. Great Service, Great Atmosphere, Great Food.

One of the children has allergies to peanuts and eggs and the owner, waitress and cook were incredibly accommodating. Dining out with a child with allergies is often frustrating at best and impossible at worst. KiKu's made it a JOY!

I highly recommend this for family get-togethers and for families with allergies!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Topeka, Kansas, United States
“Fun and Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place is yummy and fun. I love their teriyaka chicken. The chefs are great and always have great service.

Visited July 2012
Topeka, Kansas
“Always good food and good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We frequent this place, but our most recent visit was in July. We went with a couple friends and my young child who was being more on the cranky side, the owner of the restraunt offered to show him their koi pond outside and walk around with him. I declined because I felt bad and its my child and I needed to get him under control as this man has a business to run. VERY nice offer though. The food is always great when we go. My favorite meal is the Filet and Shrimp combo. The portions are very good and I can never finish my whole meal. I always get a box to go. They food is cooked right in front of you and the chefs are very funny and do neat things with the food (for instance, one builds a volcano with onions and makes it to where the fire actually comes out through the top of the onions). You get some kind of great tasting clear soup and salad at the beginning of your meal, your main course of whatever it is you order with fried rice and vegetables, and a sherbert dessert at the end of your meal. They also toss shrimp at you to catch in your mouth. I always have fun with that.

Visited July 2012
Topeka, Kansas
“Lunch is a great deal...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Dinner is good but more pricy... Closed Mondays! Lunch service times vary, call ahead. Fairly decent hibachi style grilled, do not expect high level acrobatics on your chefs part... Bento box lunches are great.

Visited November 2011
Topeka, KS
“Good hibachi-style food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

And this is one of only a couple of places to order sushi in Topeka! It's a little difficult to find as it's tucked away inside of a strip mall, but they've done a fun job with the decor and we've always had good luck here. It's also a fun place to celebrate a birthday!

Visited February 2011