“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We only stayed one night but the customer service before my stay was excellent. Prior to my stay they were fully booked but we potentially needed another room. They actually took our name and noted they would call if there was a cancelation. I did not think much about. It seems that if you don’t do anything in writing or electronically, there isn’t much follow up or confirmation of the request.

But they did! They called the day before to let us know of a cancellation. As it turned out we needed one less room than we booked. I offered to cancel on line. They asked if they could do it because they had someone else that needed a room. This showed they offer great customer service across the board and follow up.

Although I did not travel with a pet this time, I have. Residence Inns are known for being pet friendly. I wanted to note that there was plenty of green space to exercise your pet. There was also enough of an area, with minimal traffic, for a good walk with a pet.

This is an updated Residence Inn (there are several past their prime). The room was very comfortable, lots of outlets for the business traveler. This includes outlets that you can reach, while sitting on the couch.

The only reason for not an excellent is that we did not use any of the amenities or breakfast and thus cannot provide a review of other services

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I was really pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The room itself was incredible! Recently updated and contained everything I needed. I kind of wish I could have stayed longer! My only complaint is the barking dogs across the hall, and I could hear the family above us walking around a bit. Overall very comfortable, I would highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The room was clean and updated. The staff was friendly. My only complaint was that I was awakened very early by traffic noise. There is constant freeway noise, but the sound increased to unbearable levels early in the morning. We ran the air conditioner during our stay in an effort to block out the noise, but it was minimally effective. If you are a very heavy sleeper or can get a room on the other side of the hotel, then this may not be a problem for you. The beds are very comfortable and its location is very convenient for travelers on the I-470.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the side not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Topeka, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Anniejewel,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Topeka. I'm glad to hear that you found our beds comfortable and our location convenient to the interstate. Please accept my apologies for any noise that disturbed your stay. On future stays we would be more than happy to place you on the other side of the hotel. We hope you will offer us another opportunity to host you the next time you are in the area.

Wesley H.
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Topeka for over two weeks during our process of moving to Topeka and closing on a house. Overall, our experiences were very good.

This property has a wonderful staff with each one making sure guests are well taken care of. The rooms are spacious and clean and all common areas are maintained at least daily and more often if needed. Breakfast each morning and evening meals four days a week are a wonderful perk as well.

Our only complaint was noise. Most motels in Topeka sit near interstates so some traffic noise is to be expected. If considering a room here, it is wise to ask for a room facing the street rather than I-470. Noise from other guests was also a problem during our stay but staff addressed the issue and moved quickly to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

We were pleased with this property and would recommend it to friends coming to town with the suggestion to choose a room away from highway noise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yonkers, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Passed through with the family on a driving trip of the plains. Very nice stay. Clean, roomy. Comfortable bed. Staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. Didn't use the pool myself, but it appeared popular (nice, indoor, well maintained). This would be my first choice when going back to Topeka.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in Topeka for a family event and stayed 4 nights. Hotel was great, staff very friendly,good free breakfast, clean and comfortable room, and located in a central location. Would highly recommend to all.

• Stayed March 2014
Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Hotel was very clean - no complaints. They were in the middle of renovations - but there was no noise and didn't bother us as they weren't working when we were there. So, expect updated clean rooms! Easy access on / off highway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Topeka? Share your experiences!