“Good Food with Atmosphere to match” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
South Elgin, Illinois
“Good Food with Atmosphere to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had lunch there, towards the end of the normal lunch times. We were seating immediately, and promptly seated. The server was polite and prompt. We had 6 in our party and nobody had any complaints about the food. The only issue we had, of which we've been having everywhere is the length of time it takes to get the bill paid.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Topeka, Kansas
“Hit and Miss..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Being from Topeka, we have been to this Applebee's many times. It is always hit and miss on the service and quality. This most recent visit was not a good one. First my mother was served bad iced tea. Food was okay, except my wifes dish, Mac n Cheese with a really sweet (honey?) chicken on top, which just did not go well together at all. Service was slow on drink refills, and my mother's water glass had a chip broken out of the rim. We just wish this location would be good consistently..

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TOPEKA
“Awesome food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have never gotten a bad meal at this location. The service and the food have always been first rate. The best time to go is around 1:00PM Monday-Saturday. Nights are usually a lot busier, and the service sometimes goes down, especially if you have a large group.

Visited June 2014
Manhattan, Kansas
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was the perfect spot for the girl's and I to enjoy dinner in Topeka. The restaurant was busy, but the wait staff did a excellent job of getting us seated and waited on for our meal. Nice selection of food serving portion for different levels of hungry.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Topeka, Kansas
“Kitchen manager should be fired!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Just have to say that Applebee's will no longer be a place we go eat!!! We waited over 45 minutes for food, and it wasn't even busy. When we did FINALLY get our food, the appetizer came out with the meal, and most everything was cold, except for the chicken in my salad, which was burnt. We then had to wait an additional 10 minutes for my son's meal to come out. When my brother asked our waiter for the manager, he rolled his eyes. The manager was very apologetic, and offered to comp our entire meal. He then sent the kitchen manager over, who was the rudest, most incompetent fool I have ever spoken too!!! He said he cooked our entire order and nothing was wrong. He also said, "feel free to eat anywhere in town except here since I can't please you". To make matters worse, he then told my brother, " I paid for your ticket which you obviously didn't want to pay." Like we can't afford Applebee's, come on, REALLY!!!! I am outraged that this so called kitchen manager could be so rude. If you know us, you know we eat out a lot, and rarely even complain. We understand that things come up; however, a customer should NEVER be treated with such disrespect. To top it all off, the to go salad had no dressing!!!

• Visited June 2014