“Not for Vegetarians” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Paxico
“Not for Vegetarians”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I guess if you're a meat eater it might be okay.
I thought it was noisy, expensive and all they had for Vegetarians was boiled cauliflower, I hated it, their coffee was so-so too, one trip was enough, I'll never go back.

Kansas
“Don't assume its still good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I have never reviewed a place in my home town, i try and stick to places I travel. This place was so bad I felt it my duty to warn others. This was the second time we have eaten here in the last month. The first time we left after appetizers and we had waited over 30 minutes for our food. We tried again tonight and the service was descent but the food was so bad I can't believe its a place we would have ever returned to. My main grip is the kids meal, it was beyond patetic. My daughter, not shown a kids menu, ordered a kids corndog meal with a side of applesauce. This meal would not have even come close to passing the standards served in a basic school lunch, I would have been embarrassed to serve it, let alone charge $4 for it. Come on Applebees, I expect more from a national chain, a plastic peel top cartin of applesauce and a microwave corn dog??????Never again!!!

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Topeka, Kansas
“AMAZING, complete 180 from where they used to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

As my wife and I have spent over 10 years in the food service industry in every aspect possible, we are usually pretty hard to impress. Usually we find aspects of any place we eat at that could use improvement, the food or the service or the people. On a busy friday night we decided to give the Applebees a try after a three year hiatus due to horrible food and service that plagued that restaurant. We were completely blown away by the amazing performance of this restaurant and their employees. From the front door being opened by a hostess to a 5 minute wait it went smoothly. We were offered a table close to the door but decided to wait on one away from it due to the cold wind. It took another two minutes that we never mind waiting on, in the mean time the bartenders came over and invited us to eat at the bar with free chips and salsa which we declided as we wanted a booth. We ordered one of their 2 for $20 meals with a margarita and everything was amazing. The food had great flavor and portions, the drink was great, the timing was spot on. We ordered a desert for each of us to enjoy and both were to die for.

We noticed every server, hostess, and manager were always working on something and there was no employee standing around talking or slacking off. Everyone helped walk other servers foods, bus tables, walk bar drinks....and was happy to do it. We pulled the manager aside and made sure she knew how amazed we were with the complete turnaround this establishment has made. It used to be a place that you didnt go unless you had to, now its where my wife and I WANT to go because of how good it is. My compliments to the management and staff, your hard work has paid off and you made two new loyal fans because of it. Two fans who arent the easiest to please or who notice anything that isnt perfect, your place is perfect right now!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Topeka, KS
“It was one of the only restaurants open in the blizzard...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

... which was fabulous. However, only two of their servers made it in to work that day. So there was a full house, and two very overworked employees doing the best they could. Needless to say, we did have a bit of a wait, but everyone seemed to be patient. By the time our food came out, it was still hot and very yummy. Kudos to Applebees for not closing on a wintery afternoon!

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Torrance Ca
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Not worth the energy. The one constant about this place is .. don't waste your time. I waited to be seated a long time, once seated I waited 20 minutes for a server. I got up and walked out. The manager saw us leaving and asked what the problem was.. I explained what happened..then he asked if he could comp our food. My friends and I said "maybe next time" and left.

The following evening we tried again.. Nothing changed...