“Highest level of service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Seneca, South Carolina
“Highest level of service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Topeka. We originally planned to stay overnight but the staff was so accommodating, friendly, and knowledgeable about the city, we stayed a second night. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was excellent (the cooking staff was great), and Chris, the manager, exemplified the highest level of efficiency, knowledge, and friendliness. We are staying at the Inn again tomorrow on our way back through Kansas.

Room Tip: I would recommend this Inn to anyone
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kennesaw, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stopped at the hotel as part of a road trip to Kansas. After having a nice stay at another CI&S the night before and being a regular guest of this chain, we opted to stay here without checking any other hotels out. We checked in late so not sure if we got a left over room or if other rooms are in the shape of the one we stayed in. The finish was very worn with doors missing from the furniture unit. The ceiling was dirty. The pictures over the bed were crooked and way off center from the beds. One picture by the entrance door was also hanging in strange spot. It was then that we realized that the pictures appear to be hung to cover defects in the wall. Our room has been well worn. The shower head was plain and there was no vent system in the bathroom either. On the positive, the room and facility overall are clean. The HVAC system looked newer and worked great. The room was quite and we got a good night of sleep. The room smelled fresh with no odors.

The breakfast was disappointing. The coffee was empty and it took too long for it to be brewed. The oatmeal was dried and thick and the fruit dark. My husband doesn't eat either of these so his morning experience aside from missing coffee was a better one.

I am not familiar with Topeka but the location seems safe and is close to the dining and shopping areas.

All staff we encountered were pleasant. While there are positives to this location there are several negatives and in my opinion this location is sub-par to other CI&S I have stayed at. As another reviewer stated this location "needs a little work". It appears they have two levels of rooms because the one we were in could not get a good review. It's not a bad place but the shape of the room we had does not warrant the price. If you get a room that some of the positive reviewers are leaving this will be a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room otherwise you risk one in so so condition.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DAVE S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our property here in Topeka, KS, and would like to invite you back to our property in the future. We are still currently undergoing some renovations and once completed we would love a chance to redeem ourselves. Please give us a call the next time you are in the Topeka, KS area.
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Traveling across the country....long driving days. Stopped here. Melissa, the night desk staffer was so welcoming, pleasant and efficient. Bed was super comfy and room was clean, well appointed and quiet. What a pleasant surprise to find real dishes, silverware and a REAL coffee cup to make me feel at home! Chris Davis, the front desk manager was the icing on the cake....professional, friendly and most efficient.....he even helped me load my bag into my car when he realized I had a shoulder injury. Chivalry is NOT dead...nor are Midwest core values. All in all, this hotel was a little oasis in the desert known as I-70.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us! We are excited to see that you enjoyed your stay here at the Country Inn and Suites here in Topeka, Kansas and we hope that you will enjoy another stay at our property very soon.
Plattsburg, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I travel over 125 nights a year and the Country Inn & Suites Topeka West is my favorite place to stay. 1st- the rooms are always clean and comfortable. 2nd- the staff is genuniely friendly an caring about my stay being the best it can be. 3rd-- its in a great location with easy acess to the interstates and places to see and multi choices to dine. I would not sty anywhere else in TOpeka or surrounding area.

Room Tip: They are all comfortable and quit rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us! We are excited to see that you enjoyed you stay at our facility. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

In town for a business meeting, and Country Inn is usually a very nice pick. This one was a little worn and tired. HEAVY perfumed room spray met me when I got to my room. Paint was peeling off wood trim. Bathroom sink stopper didn't work. Shower was a bit difficult as it switched back and forth from hot to cold water, all by itself. Air conditioning would never get cooler. It was not the worst hotel I've ever been in, but not great either. I would probably try a different hotel if in Topeka again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I apologize that your last experience in our hotel was less than satisfactory. I would like you to know that we have installed new air conditioners in our rooms as well as addressed the other issues that were addressed. I would like to invite you to stay at our property again in the future and to let us redeem ourselves. Please give us a call the next time you are traveling to the Topeka, KS area.
Salina, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Front desk personnel were excellent - always had a smile and so helpful! Room was clean and well maintained. Large breakfast area with a great variety of hot and cold options. Well staffed so there was always plenty even when busy. Will definitely stay there again without question!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us while in Topeka, KS. We are excited to see that you enjoyed you stay here at the Country Inn and Suites and hope to see you again in the future for all of your lodging needs in the Topeka, KS area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Breakfast and cookies were good. Hotel was clean, quiet and parts that have been updated are nice. Room needed better general maintenance to improve appearance. Overall good for overnight stay just don't expect plush or pristine surroundings.

Stayed March 2014

Been to Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West? Share your experiences!