“No warning but an additional charge bill came later” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
San Jose, California
“No warning but an additional charge bill came later”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were there for two nights but found the room was too noise. I asked to switch a room for the second night.
Then I received an addtional bill for the room switching since I complained their room was too noise.
When I called their manager, he hangup my phone even not let me finish.

Room Tip: Some rooms in upstair were very noise at night
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson` at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during this visit. I understand that it is difficult to sleep with noise. I really hope after we moved you to different room on other side that room was quiet enough for you, but I am really concerned regarding the extra charge you are stating was on your bill. I urge you to contact us via our website so we may get more information as we would surely like to make this right for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Princess Anne, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was shocked at the condition of this hotel. There were hairs around the sink and in the tub. The towels were dirty...they had tons of black marks all over the towels. I addressed this with the front desk at check out they told me that I should have called the and they would have brought new towels. Since I did not realize the condition of the towels until I was dripping wet in the showers this response was just plain rude. I asked for a manager to call me...I have never been called. We skipped the breakfast due to the overall filth of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I apologize that the condition of our hotel was unacceptable during your stay. Our Housekeeping and Engineering staff is working very hard on raising the cleanliness levels at the hotel, specifically focusing on all guest rooms throughout the property. Our company is also putting together a scope that will include public area and guest room upgrades as well.

Thank you for your patience during this time. I hope that you will use our hotel again and see the improvements that we make. Please call me if I can be of any assistance to you on your next visit.

Thank you.
Waverly, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

What makes this hotel so great is the front desk and breakfast staff. Pam, the breakfast lady, goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable. She will make you a waffle, pick up your dirty dishes, offer a warm good morning greeting, or share pleasant conversation. She will even give you a ride, if you need it! Justin and Chris of the front desk also go out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. They always greet you by name when you walk in to the lobby and remember the small details. It is friendly, caring people like this, that help make being away from home tolerable. These individuals do a fantastic job and exemplify true customer service. I love the warm cookies when I come back to the hotel in the evening. I do agree with some of the other reviewers comments about the detail of the room cleaning and room upkeep. I have stayed in this hotel several times over the last several months and will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The place was great! Justin was super in setting up a block for our group. Chris at the front desk was speedy with check-in and accomadating to our group. The room was very nice, and breakfast was satisfactory. The only negative from the stay was when I asked for extra towels at the front desk. Chris wanted me to bring my dirty towels down to him because he is not allowed to give out extra towels. A little stingy!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband suggested we stop at this hotel since I had stayed at a Country Inn & Suites in Orlando, FL that was lovely and he recently stayed at a Country Inn & Suites in Clarksville, TN. This place needs some work! The sheets in room #117 are stained and do not fit the mattress and the pillow cases??? I'm not even sure they are clean. There was coffee drips that had not been wiped up in the bathroom next to the sink....really??? We are in a non-smoking room with a ciggy stain near the sink. This is not a place I would ever stay again and I am not difficult too please. The paint in the bathroom is chipped and the mirror needs to be replaced. I wish I had some Lysol and a clean sleeping bag. I can hardly wait to get out of here!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel until they get this one in order.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DAVE S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review. I would like to offer a sincere apology about the room not being clean . I understand the discomfort this caused you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Once again we are so sorry.

Dave Sandir
Manager
Country inns and suites
Haysville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The desk staff and Breakfast staff are phenomenal. I'm a little concerned about the maid service.
I've stayed at this hotel many times, and I really to have to wonder if they've been taught how to properly make a bed with clean sheets. It seems that when my room is taken care of during my stay, that the bed gets made better than when I first check into my room. Found stains on the 'clean' sheets. The comforter had some fresh stains, that prompted me to get another room.
The hot tub is luke warm and any newborn baby would have loved the temperature. The residue around the inside of the hot tub looks much like the residue from 6 months ago.
There's obviously room for improvement here. If the maintenance staff would put forth the same amount of effort as the desk and breakfast staff, I'm sure I would see a difference. I hope low pay isn't the reason for shoddy workmanship. Even so, every job needs to be done 100%. Wait staff and maintenance--> 50%. Desk and Breakfast 100%. As the Desk and breakfast staff go above and beyond, I rate my most recent stay VERY GOOD.

Room Tip: Tip the front desk staff. They're your first resource to enjoying a lengthy stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAVE S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel. We work hard to ensure our guests are happy and your kinds words about our breakfast staff and frontdesk staff tell us we are doing something right!. Unfortunately, we were not able to meet your expectations in some areas but your comments are going to be shared with staff to make improvements. Thank you again and we hope someday you will try us again. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

DAVE SANDIR
COUNTRY INNS AND SUITES
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My sisters and niece had business in Kansas, so we chose the Country Inn and Suites in Topeka for our 4 night stay. The minute we walked in the door, Chris and Crystal, evening managers, made us feel so welcome, and during our stay, they were a hoot to communicate with. Pam took care of the breakfast room and was such a treasure to talk with, too. Justin was our day manager and he was so friendly. We requested a portion of the breakfast room in the afternoon and evening to go through a LOT of family pictures and things. They brought us fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. We took several short breaks and they chatted with us. Everyone made us feel right at home. We even got to know Felix, the maintenance man. This is centrally located and a perfect place to spend your time in Topeka. Topeka is so much bigger than I remember, too. Lots and lots of everything. As we will be needing to return yearly, we will definitely stay here. We were here on family business. My younger sister and I came from the east coast and my big sister and her daughter came from Colorado.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy that you found our hotel nice, clean, and comfortable. I also appreciate that you found us good enough to take the time to write a review. We strive for perfection and train our staff repeatedly how to handle guest needs and we do strive for 100% satisfaction. Again, I want to thank you for your time.

DAVE SANDIR
COUNTRY INNS AND SUITES

Been to Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West? Share your experiences!