“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Everett, Washington
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I loved this hotel! From check in to check out, I had an amazing experience. Staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions of where to eat and how to get to my meeting location. My room was clean and comfortable. Slept like a baby on the comfortable bed and found that the breakfast choices were above average compared to most hotels I have stayed. The only reason I am not rating the spa is because I didn't have time to try the hot tub, but the pool area looked very clean and was stocked with towels. I will definitely be staying here again when my business brings back to Topeka!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DAVE S, Owner at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment regarding your stay with the Country inns and suites Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations.We enjoyed reading it. Please let me know if we can do anything to improve your stay next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manhattan, KS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wanted to like this hotel. I really did. Everything started out swimmingly...the service was top-notch at check in the two people at the front desk couldn't be any friendlier. It was the room that ruined this hotel. Go figure. It was filthy. There were raisins all over the floor, white stuff on the bed spread, black hair on the towels. Filthy. Nothing looked like it had been wiped down in ages.

The location was great, the check in staff, the lady at breakfast, and breakfast itself was great; but the cleaning staff should really be looked after.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
DAVE S, Owner at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during this visit. I am confident that we have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping staff. I promise you that will never happen again. I am glad that you enjoyed the other services, and I hope that you will reconsider your decision and come back and stay with us when you are in town . We would love to have you back.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This motel had excellent staff, very friendly and helpful. We were greeted with cookies, bottle of water and a snack bar. The room was clean and a comfortable bed. The breakfast staff was friendly and a good representative of the motel.

Room Tip: Become a gold card,member (free) and you get a room upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DAVE S, Owner at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment regarding your stay with the Country inns and suites Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. Please let me know if we can do anything to improve your stay next time you are in town.
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked a standard Single Queen Bed room for two nights in this Country Inn & Suite. After I checked in for the first night, I found the room was very noise. Some machines that I was not sure what it is and where it is made me waked up every 20 minute for the whole night. I complained to their front desk and look like they knew the room is noise.

Room Tip: I believe a hotel should provide me a quite sleeping place. It is their responsibility and service f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
country inn s, Owner at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Country inns and suites Hotel.

I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during this visit. I understand that it is difficult to sleep with noise . I really hope after we moved you to different room on other side that room was quiet enough for you. I will personally find out where that noise was coming from. And I am confident that we have addressed your concerns with the staff. I promise you that will never happen again. I am glad that you enjoyed the other service, and the rooms cleanliness during your time here with us, and I hope that you will reconsider your decision not to stay with us in the future. We would love to have you back.

Zion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff were good, very friendly, and helpful with information about the local area. We enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was great each morning. Thank you Pam and Harry who worked so hard in the kitchen to make the breakfast enjoyable. We would definitely come back to this hotel if we visit Topeka again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding your stay with the Country inns and suites Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and rated us high on value.Thanks again for your kind comments, and as always, we appreciate your business.

Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed for one night recently as we were just passing through Topeka. We had never stayed at any Country Inn & Suites location, but this location sold us on the chain. We had excellent customer service and even a call to our room after we got checked in to make sure we were good to go.

We were traveling with our two small kids and there was plenty of room in our 1-bedroom suite for everyone. The pull-out bed came in very handy as well. It's great the rooms also come with a microwave and mini-fridge.

You can't beat the location. It is located immediately off I-70 and Wanamaker Road on the west side of Topeka. In the numerous times we have driven through Topeka, Wanamaker Road is pretty much the only exit where you will find everything all within .5-1 mile of I-70. There's also a lot of stuff around I-470, which is 1 mile south of I-70. This is a very safe part of town. We had to make a stop for gas a few years ago on the east side of town (Carnahan Ave I think it was) and did not feel safe at all.

While we only pass through Topeka (this was actually the first time we ever had to stay the night in this city) in our travels between Denver and St. Louis, MO, we will make sure we return to the CI&S. Location is perfect, service is excellent, and the bed is comfortable. If people do actually plan to visit Topeka, it's great for 2+ night stays as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the comfortable rooms and great location.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff went out of their way to help us locate an open restaurant after midnight, very friendly. We come to Topeka frequently and will make our visit here routine. They are pet friendley Sometimes we have to take our dog on trips. Breakfast lady was very helpful, the rooms were comfortable and clean. Nice indoor pool and spa. Complimentary hot breakfast was great. Will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
country inn s, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank your for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about your stay. We enjoyed reading it. Thank you very much

Been to Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West? Share your experiences!