“Unique Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cape Coral, Florida
“Unique Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We went for lunch and enjoyed a lot it so we took some family there for the Sunday brunch. Lunch was very good, Sunday brunch wasn't that great. Would have to say they have the best mac - n - cheese I've ever had though.

Visited June 2012

Topeka, Kansas
“Upscale Bar with Interesting Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Outdoor dining, nice wait staff, good food. It's loud enough you can talk and not be overheard but not so loud that you can't hear the people you're with. The menu is great and they have small plates too. I had two wonderful small plates - beets with goat cheese and shrimp & chicken curry (maybe too much coconut). Others in our group had pork (so tender) and salmon (so tasty). All in all, a must go place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, but loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Took the family out to the Blue Moose for dinner on a Thursday evening.  Full house at 6:30; we were threatened with a thirty minute wait but got seated in ten.  The server was attentive, quick, and friendly, when we arrived.  He had a nice sense of humor.  Sadly, we didn't see that much of him during the meal.

The atmosphere was like an Applebee's, though perhaps a tad fancier.  A mix of booths, tables, and TVs everywhere, and very, very loud.  The noise level made it difficult to have a conversation.  This might have been related to the fact that it was a beer special night, with some brands available for a buck and a half. The exterior has a large outdoor patio, while about a fourth of the interior is bar space.

I ordered the rosemary chicken and a cranberry walnut salad.  My wife had a turkey burger and my son a pizza.  The chicken came with asparagus and potatoes and was excellent, juicy and flavorful.  The salad was well constructed.  The turkey burger was just right and nicely seasons.  It would not be fair to review the pizza, since my son had the meat left off.  I will say the crust was delicious.

Other than the noise level, I also did not like the fact that the waiter did not bring the meal items nor clear the plates, those task were assigned to others.  This is a new pattern in some restaurants and limits more contact with patrons. It may be efficient, but I don't care for that model.

Still, it was overall a good experience and I would like to go back again on a less busy evening.

Topeka, KS
“Favorite in Topeka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have dined several times at Blue Moose for brunch and lunch. The food is excellent---especially the mac and cheese (build your own) and the pizza. The Sunday brunch is the best in town. Have never had bad service at Blue Moose. Love to go there to sip wine and visit with my best friend!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, KS
“New to me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I had never heard of this place until one of my co-workers wouldn't stop talking about trying it out. It wasn't bad but they don't have a niche market on their concept. They are locally owned and support local markets. I appreciate that. Neat concept - Build Your Own Mac and Cheese. My co-worker said it was tasty, however skimpy for the price. It's Mac and Cheese served in a large bowl to make you think you're getting more. I would have rated them higher if they weren't skimpy on the portions.

Visited May 2012