“Wonderful week long stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Harrison, Arkansas
“Wonderful week long stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Candlewood Suites for a week while on business in Topeka. To say the least, I had a wonderful stay. The room was clean, well maintained and perfect size for spreading out a bit. The workout room was perfect for my needs and since I stayed for a week, the free laundry was exactly what I needed.

I have no complaints at all about the amenities and service. I would stay here again in the future if the opportunity arrises. The staff was very friendly and greeted me each morning when I left and each evening when I arrived.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites and perfect size for a single or a family for the weekend. The front room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Topeka, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am so privileged to have staffs that work hard at the same time enjoy their job and cares about the guests that stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having made a reservation for the incorrect night (booked for the week prior), I was hoping that the property might be willing to apply the credit on the current night. However, they were unwilling to do so even for a frequent guest at this property stating that it is the owners policy and IHG policy. I know this has nothing to do with IHG policy because IHG was trying to help make it happen.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Topeka, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear ezdays,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any confusion surrounding our hotel’s reservation policies.

Many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated. In this case, we determine our own rates and cancellation policies in accordance with local demand and business needs. IHG is not involved in the development of these individual hotel policies. Nevertheless, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Your concerns have been forwarded to the management and ownership of this hotel for review. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manger
IHGCare
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I understand that this property is an "extended stay" property but customer service was lacking to say the least for a one night guest. Night two of a cross country trip with children, this wasn't the ideal place. I didn't book the hotel so I can't say much about that experience, the room itself was dated, bathroom wasn't the cleanest. The laminate flooring in kitchen area was cleaned with some soapy product and made it dangerously slippery, 3 year old fell four times, 7 year old fell once and I almost fell multiple times. Door locks didn't work properly either. Alerted front desk of both issues upon checkout so hopefully will be addressed. Overall disappointed for my needs but if I were needing an extended stay I wouldn't have any problems with the hotel

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Topeka, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Lavabear60,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you will believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm in our property. We take great pride in keeping our amenities at tip top shape to ensure safety for all our guests. Your concern is definitely not up to our standards and we assure you that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you have encountered.

I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip and if there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Derby, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed one night and it was a great room for our money. The staff were very nice and helpful. Everything was clean and the location was convenient. The only negative was that the towels were not soft at all. They were almost scratchy. We will stay again when we visit Topeka and hope that one thing has improved.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you very much for drawing your attention to these problems and we apologized about the towel and we’ll make sure that we’ll look into this matter. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a very nice place and I have no complaints the staff is exelent. I would stay here again over and over. It is one of the best extended stay hotels I have stayed at. I should mention that you should not be turned away by the low cost because this is a top notch hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Jennifer B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Topeka, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites Topeka! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in providing the best service possible and it is nice to hear when we have done a good job! Thank you so much for letting us serve you and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Auburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

After a horrible experience earlier this year, I received a phone call and email expressing concern and was provided a corrective action plan they have in place. As a Platinum Elite Member for the last 5 years I was assured this hotel had fixed all the areas I had problems with previously.

I was traveling through this area and a large venue was in-town and all hotels in this area were sold out except this one-Should of followed that as my first clue. I reluctantly pulled into this hotel and left my bags outside in my car so I could see if they had rooms still and if any changes had been made. The following events began and I was shocked and horrified by what my eyes and ears were seeing and hearing as I was trying to check in.

Hotel is very dirty
Hotel is very noisy
Hotel Staff is so rude

I was told "In no way was the clerk on-duty authorized to extending a late checkout for Priority Club members". A lecture began about their IHG affiliation and how it’s a joke, that it’s a rip-off and they preferred not to be a part of it. I heard loud and clear that they feel this affiliation does nothing but take money from the hotel without providing any support or members that have a clue, this was right before I handed my Priority Club Rewards Platinum card over.

As a Priority Club Platinum Elite Member it is very difficult to hear this as I spend a significant portion of my year with this hotel chain. I am an Ambassador member with the InterContinental hotels and they are part of the IHG brand. I have never been treated this way ever by any hotel except this one. I felt that because I am a priority club member they took their frustrations out on me as an individual.

Hotel Staff is almost to the point of abuse to their patrons as I observed this happening with an elderly couple checking in at the same time I was. I felt that had this been my grandparent or parents how upsetting this would be to see them humiliated by the staff at this hotel.

I truly did not think it could get worse after my last stay but it was obvious things can always get worse and this Candlewood property seems to being working very hard at chasing away Priority Club Members.

I ended up leaving and driving 42 miles to the next town that had a vacancy upon spending less than 1 hour at this hotel.

Never again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Candlewood Suites Topeka.I do apologize if you were unhappy with the service when you arrived to the hotel however I would like to state for all those who may be reading this that we take our affiliation with IHG and the Priority Club Rewards program very seriously and I have never witnessed any of my staff express what this guest is stating they have seen. We offer free upgrades to our members when we have them available, offer gifts to all those Priority Club Members that arrive at our hotel and take our roll in providing a wonderful guest experience very seriously. As I am sure you will understand when there is a special event in town we do not always have the availablity to offer our guests a late check out due to the fact that we need time to fully ensure all rooms are cleaned by the check in time for those guests who will be checking in. I do apologize that the time frame you were traveling in seems to be one of those periods where a late check out would not have been available but I would like to ensure you that we do late check outs all the time for not only Priority Club Members but anyone that may need one. I do thank you for your review and I will look into this matter with my staff. Safe travels in the future.
Drogheda, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We are on 3 week trip in USA and the hotel was the best place we have stayed do far. Easy to get to but so near to all amenities Topeka has to offer. Great room. Fully stocked kitchen in the suite. Comfy beds nice pleasant staff. Recommend to anyone

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience. And thank you for recommending our hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Been to Candlewood Suites Topeka? Share your experiences!