“Would stay again...Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 33 hotels in Topeka
Oklahoma City
“Would stay again...Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Staff was friendly. Location was great, by a mall and many restaurants, fast food and gas within walking distance. The only things we didn't like were the doors were locked when we got there which was a little scary, maybe it's for safety but anyway I have never been at a hotel where the front doors are locked. And they don't have breakfast included with your stay. Otherwise all of our requests were granted and they were very friendly. The hotel was nice and we slept well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie G, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us!!

I apologize that you were inconvenienced with our front doors being locked. They aren't locked at all times, just after 10 p.m. Simply for the safety of our guests and our employees. We never have an issues, just a precautionary measure for the safety of others.

I also need to apologize that breakfast was not offered to be included in your rate. With the remodel of the lobby, the breakfast is now set up restaurant style instead of a buffet. We do offer rates that include breakfast, or you can purchase items seperately.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Stephane

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ellsworth, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly for business purposes. The staff are outstanding and accomodating. It is like "home away from home". They take very good care of me. The rooms are always clean, the bistro food and staff are good. Located near restaurants and mall. It is the only place i like to stay in Topeka.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for all your kind words! I'm so glad to hear that our staff makes this feel like your 'home away from home.' We know how hard it is on our business travelers to travel week after week and want to make sure you do feel like that, every time.

Again THANK YOU! And we will see you next time!!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

the place is nice enough, clean enough and for $100 a night you get exactly that. There is nothing wrong with the place but also nothing great about it. Its a room with a bed at a hotel with a good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I'm glad to hear that your room was clean, reasonably priced and that we are in a great location! Thank you so much for your feed back and we appreciate your honesty. Our newly remodeled lobby features the Bistro opened for breakfast and dinner as well as an open seating area adjacent the Bistro named the Library featuring a BIG flat screen tv for you to watch your favorite tv shows on so you aren't stuck in your room the entire stay.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future.
Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We reserved 2 adjoining rooms; on arrival one had not been cleaned at all. Desk clerk moved us to adjoining rooms one floor below. Our room had been serviced by housekeeping but we noticed the walls had dust and cobwebs on them so I doubt the cleaning is thorough. The toilets in both rooms continually clogged and since there is no housekeeping staff in the evening (!?) you're stuck (no pun intended) with trying to repeatedly flush to get the clog to clear. We were successful in doing so with each toilet once; one remained clogged when we left. The problem may be the design as the exit flow chamber has 6 turns in it prior to entering the floor. For our initial inconvenience the clerk gave me an additional 1000 points on my Marriott account; I would rather have had one night at no charge or one of the rooms at no charge. I won't stay at this Marriott again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I am so sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We want to make this right and it is my understanding that my General Manager emailed you with a resolution to your recent stay. If you did not recieve an email, please contact my General Manger, Scott, or myself to discuss these issues in more detail. 785-271-6165. Again, we are sincerely sorry that you did not have a good stay with us and we hope that you will accept our apology and give us another try.

Assistant General Manager.
Branchburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is a standard Courtyard Marriott. The rooms look like most of them do. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. The hairdryer was your standard sunbeam 1500, so it didn't do a lot if you have a lot of hair to dry. Towels were definitely a bit on the thin side - not on par with a regular Courtyard. Rooms were clean.

The gym was decent: two new-ish treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike. All had personal TVs attached. There were also free weights but no weight machines. There was a decent-looking indoor pool and whirlpool as well, althought I didn't use them. The lobby was recently renovated and nice.

Breakfast came included with my room. You could get a hot breakfast and drinks or two cold things (cereal, oatmeal, smoothie, strawberries) with the room rate. Breakfast starts at 6:30, although a few days it was more like 6:35. They had starbucks coffee. We did not eat dinner at the hotel as there weren't a lot of selections. Drink prices at the bar were definitely pricy for Topeka. A glass of wine was as much as the bottle (of the same kind) that I could buy in the store.

The location is nice if you want to walk to dinner. There are several chain restaurants nearby as well as a mall. The mall isn't the best, but it would work in a pinch if you forgot something on your trip.

Overall, I would stay here again if I were traveling to Topeka, although they should invest in some better bath towels. The staff were all incredibly friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for your honest guest perspective. I am so glad you got to take advantage of some of our many amenities while you were staying with us. We sure do like our newly renovated lobby and fitness room. And I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to use the pool while you were here though, maybe next time!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again next time.
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The staff was very helpful and the business nook actually lets you print real documents. In color. That was a first. I got a very strong feeling that every guest matters. Hotels are hotels. Courtyards are Courtyards. What made this hotel special is that if doesn't have some of the things that others do, but it DOES have everything I needed. It obviously has a good manager because ALL of the staff had good attitudes. That says that something is very right with the management.
I love when that happens. My colleague and I cam into town early to prepare for an important presentation and the restaurant area had a couple of booths that we were able to turn into a perfect work area. The internet was good. It just all clicked.

Room Tip: By courteous to the front desk person. Always. In our case they had already arranged for our rooms t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Stephanie G, Assitant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We are so lucky to have had the new Courtyard Refreshing Business upgrade to our lobby so we could provide our guests outstanding service and a great space to catch up on work and use our business center. I am so glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of all the great things we have to offer. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your colleagues again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Upon arrival check in was great. Asked for special location in the hotel which the desk was able to accomodate. Only issue was the first night we stayed. The air conditioner was so loud and sounded like a water fall, none of us were able to sleep. I notified the desk and maintenance must have fixed the problem because it was much better that night. The rooms and the hotel were very nice and clean. We enjoyed the lobby and TV's which made for a great place to meet friends. My concern was with "The Bistro." I had several friends meet at The Bistro (in house restaurant) and I was shocked at the prices. A bottle of domestic beer was $5.25 and a small cup of (starbucks) coffee was over 3 bucks. Had I noticed the ridiculous prices we would have met friends somewhere else. It seems the Bistro is not in place for breakfast or any meals or after meeting drinks with those prices.......

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are probabaly quieter because they face away from Wanamaker Road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
I am so pleased to hear that we got your air conditioner problem fixed in a timely manner. I apologize that it was even an issue to begin with, but again, glad we got it fixed so you and your family could get a good nights rest.

I appreciate your feedback so we can be more customer friendly with our pricing on beverages. I will definately be doing some investagative work on finding out competition pricing so we are somewhat on a level playing field.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business.

Stephanie

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Topeka? Share your experiences!